• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RD 6 2017: The Auckland Blues VS The Western Force.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
OK, so there's a replay immediately after the Suncorp horror show: is it worth staying sober for?

No way. Fairly infuriating execution allround for the most part.
Well I'm one of these stereotypical grim New Zealanders who sits there in deathly silence, so the mausoleum atmosphere doesn't bother me at all.
yeah me too. Eden Park's always been like that. 'We don't like to make a fuss' as the old bFM ad went. Bit different to the flamboyant Argie crowds with their rakish displays of passion and effervescence
But the biggest rise was a weird boo when Duffie tripped over someone. Not sure what the hell they were booing about.

By the sideline when he tried to milk a New Dirty Sanchez with a daft wee dive and it was rightly a no-call?

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
OK, so there's a replay immediately after the Suncorp horror show: is it worth staying sober for? Bearing in mind that courtesy of the tropical low formerly known as Cyclone Debbie we did a week's worth of sales in two days despite due to flooding being three men short yesterday & two men today I'm pretty thirsty...

EDIT: TBF our Nambour & Noosa stores did more like two or three weeks figures in two days so maybe I need to take a HTFU pill :)

So where do you work WOB?

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Sadly I won't be there: finished up yesterday & heading home yo NZ tomorrow. If we did happen to meet, I hope you left with more than you came in for! Might have to arrange a catch-up, let me know next time you're in or near Hamilton.

N

NTT

Wow, some of my posts have been deleted by the mods. So the problem is not that people look to provoke? The problem is people shoot down the provokers?
Are we not allowed to stick up for our team, our beliefs and our opinions because someones feelings may get hurt? Do we not have the right the reply to garbage nonsensical trolling?
Just goes to show, if you pick on someones team, beliefs or opinions you will get away with it scott free. That goes to show that we do not have the basic right to defend our team, beliefs and opinions. Thats not how freedom of speech works. Thats how a controlled but misrepresented dialogue occurs. Thats where bullying and intimidation is allowed but not condoned.

Cheers for the private message Slim, it was very sweet.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
I'd suggest your posts were deleted because they were churlish and added nothing to the discourse.

It's ok to be passionate about your team, hell, we all put up with Shiggins ranting and raving because it's coming from a place of genuine passion. But don't waste your time baiting Slim. Just ignore him like everyone else does.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Wow, some of my posts have been deleted by the mods. So the problem is not that people look to provoke? The problem is people shoot down the provokers?
Are we not allowed to stick up for our team, our beliefs and our opinions because someones feelings may get hurt? Do we not have the right the reply to garbage nonsensical trolling?
Just goes to show, if you pick on someones team, beliefs or opinions you will get away with it scott free. That goes to show that we do not have the basic right to defend our team, beliefs and opinions. Thats not how freedom of speech works. Thats how a controlled but misrepresented dialogue occurs. Thats where bullying and intimidation is allowed but not condoned.

Cheers for the private message Slim, it was very sweet.

Haha sounds like an 18C speech to Parliament.

Blues looked really good in patches. Akira had an excellent game.

what is up with the defensive alignment of the Force. Their line was disjointed and guys were shooting out of the line without the outside being aware. That points to lack of trust within the the group. Whether that's down to lack of combinations or experience, or deeper problem, I don't know. Attack wise not so bad, but sort the defence out.

Status
Not open for further replies.