• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RD 6 2017: The Auckland Blues VS The Western Force.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
I hope Lowrance is OK. With him playing that game it would of been very interesting. I rekon he is that good. A genuine question

Why are aussie players so slow. Dhp almost got chased down by a guy twice his size and the blues back line are so much faster.

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Let me guess, you are sitting alone in mummys basement just waiting to put the cheap boot into the Force because you wasted your pocket money on toy soldiers to melt with a magnifying glass?

Reassess your life buddy!

giphy.gif

M

Moono75

Arnold...big body but like Skelton needs to get better body position in contact. Too high and cost us a turnover which led to points for the Blues. We nees to dead set smack the Kings next week!

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
That yellow card costly and Nas needs to work on discipline as second yellow card.

Good showing but not right result and at this point for Oz sides right result is more critical. As interview with blues captain post match shows general lack of respect NZ sides have for oz sides with his comments as does continued options to go even early for tries like blues did rather than take penalty goals. Not of course saying NZ's attitude not warranted but we need to change that as oz win ratio against other non oz sides appalling to make the captain obvious comment that we need to command more respect from non nz sides as they seem to have none at the moment and I can't say I blame them as most oz fans pretty disheartened.

As an aside given how Brumbies performing with what I thought was very weak squad after losses/departures they are the one exception as oz side who can reasonably hold their head up high. Force of course no where near Rebels debacle but need to get some wins on the board.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Missed the game due to work but followed it as best I could on stuff.co.nz & came on here expecting everyone to be commenting on what a shit game it was (sample update: "I have no idea what the Force backs do St training as they can't work a backline move" or words to that effect) so pleasantly surprised to read the mostly positive posts. I don't do replays knowing the score but I'll defo be checking out the highlights.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
It was silly BH but I can easily accept that he didn't think a ruck had been formed and that he had every right to play the ball. But of course, the ruck had formed with Ruru (I think( over the ball.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
It was silly BH but I can easily accept that he didn't think a ruck had been formed and that he had every right to play the ball. But of course, the ruck had formed with Ruru (I think( over the ball.
It was still a tackle and he has to approach through the gate. He can't come from the side and kick it.

Even with the yellow card I thought Nasairani was probably the Force's best player. He gave them so much go forward and just has that instinct for when he can break through around the ruck. Really good hands too.

Could be a real star very soon.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Missed the game due to work but followed it as best I could on stuff.co.nz & came on here expecting everyone to be commenting on what a shit game it was (sample update: "I have no idea what the Force backs do St training as they can't work a backline move" or words to that effect) so pleasantly surprised to read the mostly positive posts. I don't do replays knowing the score but I'll defo be checking out the highlights.
The try by Reiko Ioane was sensational although not overly unique for the Blues this season.

Good game mostly from the perspective that the Force really fronted up and pushed the Blues who didn't take control of the game until late in the piece.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I am willing to bow to your better knowledge of the laws BH, but I really can't see where the tackler in a tackle only situation needs to come through the gate. There is no off side line in a tackle as I understand the law, and there is certainly no mention or even unofficial recognition of the gate in a ruck situation anymore, either, as I understand. Certainly, in these particular circumstances, where a ruck had indeed formed, even as tackler he is required to enter the breakdown from an onside position. Doesn't necessarily alter what he might have perceived the situation to have been.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Just got back from the cripple fight. The Force scrapped well, but it's certainly clear why some of the Blues rotation players are not in the first XV. On the other hand, the Brothers Ioane were good in defence and when they managed to get the ball is space.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Zero, it sounded like a mausoleum on the telly. How was it there?
^^^^^^^^^ re: the Ioane try was it more Polynesian b-ball than Paremoremo jailbreak, or about 50:50?
78:48 on the jailbreak babay. Crunching the numbers here

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Zero, it sounded like a mausoleum on the telly. How was it there?

78:48 on the jailbreak babay. Crunching the numbers here

Well I'm one of these stereotypical grim New Zealanders who sits there in deathly silence, so the mausoleum atmosphere doesn't bother me at all. Certainly beats all the artificial sponsor wankery and the prolonged audible assault of DJ A-Hole at every possible opportunity,

But the biggest rise was a weird boo when Duffie tripped over someone. Not sure what the hell they were booing about.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
OK, so there's a replay immediately after the Suncorp horror show: is it worth staying sober for? Bearing in mind that courtesy of the tropical low formerly known as Cyclone Debbie we did a week's worth of sales in two days despite due to flooding being three men short yesterday & two men today I'm pretty thirsty.......

EDIT: TBF our Nambour & Noosa stores did more like two or three weeks figures in two days so maybe I need to take a HTFU pill :)

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Re: Naisarani........

Agreed with BH - so much potential ther, but just needs to get a little smarter.

Status
Not open for further replies.