• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RD 6 2017: The Auckland Blues VS The Western Force.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon.

Bob Loudon (25)
Disappointing overall, once again the Kiwi team convert their chances and the Aussie team squander theirs. Get the feeling the Force could have won that.

Bloody good break by Matt Phillip to finish though. Steps a back and puts DHP through.

Shaker

Ron Walden (29)
Again, frustrating. Dominated the early stuff, didnt get enough points on and the yellow card changed the game. Giving up long range tries are killer though. I take solace in the fact that we cost them a bonus point at least.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Well done Blues definitely deserving winners. I really enjoyed watching that game. No shame in losing to a good Kiwi team on the road.

Was just going to say the same FF (Folau Fainga'a). What's his background? I really like what I've seen of him.

He was the 2014 U20 Wallabies lock along with Tom Staniforth. He played with RHP at 8 there. He played a couple of games for the Force last year after some good games in the NRC back in 2015 but played 2016 in the ITM Cup. He's not your traditional bruiser but he makes the perfect foil for Adam Coleman (when he is back on deck).

He's originally from NSW I think.

M

Moono75

Force could of won that. So frustrating. Good effort and shows why we belong in this comp. Fought that game out. Yellow card hurt us and the Brache run and failure to score a try costly. Philips good and like Shambeckler. TPN givimg his all for the Force. Meakes a warrior. Hardwick an upcoming star thorough the Future Force.......Dont throw this away ARU!!

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
That was an entertaining game. Force played well.

The try by Ioane which sealed it was outstanding.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Man its hard work. Proud of the way the force played and if they got more 50 50s that game can definately go the other way. I don't like that we have guys like Coleman and prior. They're bench players at best but they can't add anything when they come on. At times we were very one dimentional with the ball I concede.

There is a really good team there though
The front row and it's depth is great.
Locks as well. Back row is solid. Especially with Hardwick getting better. He needs to start games. Then the back line. The starting back line is great but it's the subs that are just not good enough. I'm not sure why meaks went off with 20 to go.

Tessman
Prior
Colman
I'm not happy with

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I think the biggest problem with all the Australian teams is the lack of mental strength and belief to beat NZ teams.

See this extraction from a post by #1 Tah:

Hi all,

Many of you will have watched the series "The Call of The Wallaby" on Fox Sports and YouTube recently. There was an inconspicuous moment in the first episode, when Tiana Penitani said something along the lines of "My generation has never known the Wallabies to be that successful".

I was born the same year as Super Rugby, in 1996. My earliest memories are of my Dad taking me to rugby games at places like Coogee, Woollahra, Manly, Concord and North Sydney, or running around in the stands and on the hills, watching and learning about the sport that we all love.

My two clear earliest rugby memories are of Jonny Wilkinson hitting that drop goal in 2003, and of the Waratahs going down in the 2005 Final in Christchurch. I only have three clear memories of the Wallabies beating the All Blacks - in 2008 in Sydney, in 2010 in Hong Kong and in 2011 in Brisbane. I don't know what it's like to win a Bledisloe cup, and I don't know what it's like to win a World Cup. The last time the Wallabies won at Eden park was five years before my parents had met.

"Boo hoo, you are whining about the Wallabies losing" I hear you say. And you're right. But this isn't just me. This is the entire generation coming through high school. The kids playing Schoolboy rugby all have the same experience as I do - the next generation coming through to play for the Wallabies don't believe that it's possible for the Wallabies to match and compete with the All Blacks consistently, because we have never seen it done. These kids are going to play for the Wallabies and start the game already beaten because they don't believe they can do it.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
blues drive me fahhkin insaaaane. Every weekend the same stupid lazy dumb shit. Forced offloads, hypoxic option taking.

japanese ref was pretty good. Although he couldn’t give a shit about the offside line and both teams were too dumb to exploit it. Maybe ref was distracted by being overseas and was dwelling on not finishing the push through Burma.

Pulu driving me insane with his ponderous Weepuisms. Don’t just stand there over the ruck letting the pricks reset on D and have a breather. JAILBRAKE THE HANDBREAK.

Speaking of which

jailbreak_zps2a2few9v.gif

Ioane Brothers drive directly off the bench and onto Eden Park and fuck everyone’s shit right the fuck up.

Simon.

Bob Loudon (25)
Was just going to say the same FF (Folau Fainga'a). What's his background? I really like what I've seen of him.

Sydney Uni, NRC and then ITM Cup, according to Google. I'm liking him too, he's pretty mobile but also got some physicality in tight. It's guys like him who we'll lose if we drop a team because they'll be stuck in club or NRC at best.

Also really liking what Naisarani brings because that sort of powerful runner is something we have been missing in Australian rugby since Cliffy Palu's glory days. If he can fix up his discipline he's a potential future Wallaby IMO.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Although the handful of injuries (McCalman, Coleman, Ainsley, Hodgson, Matwijow) have hurt, if we are around next year, we will have some pretty solid depth in the forwards.

N

NTT

Bloody proud of the fight shown by the boys. Naisarani is either great or giving away silly penalties. He deserved his card and that cost us 12 points. 2 lapses in defence leaving tiring front rowers marking Moala was the only other thing i could really fault. Bench impact was still questionable by a couple of them but Rangi and Ruru were great for us.

Just a good old fashioned hard game of footy by the Force. Wasn't confident of our lock depth when Coleman went down but i think we've found a couple of gooduns in Philip and Arnold. But just so proud of the effort of the guys. As we mature as a team (if we're allowed to) then we just may have the makings of something here.

Status
Not open for further replies.