• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebel Army vs GAGR - Sydney Touch Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

sevenpointdropgoal

Larry Dwyer (12)
i'll catch you boys at some point, but there is to many pubs between the station and sfs that call my name to justify running around and possibly getting my suit dirty.

I concur. I'll be at the Tahds game, so I'll drop by and cheer you guys from the sidelines, but there is much beer to be drunk, and I don't feel the need to actively confirm to anyone just how woefully uncoordinated I really am.

Z

Zeno

We can all claim to have played Super Rugby, using the logic that enables people to say their sons are "playing AFL".

Hell, my sporting career included stints in AFL, Super Rugby, NRL, A*League, Uncle Toby's Iron Man, Davis Cup and half a dozen Olympic events.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
We can all claim to have played Super Rugby, using the logic that enables people to say their sons are "playing AFL".

Hell, my sporting career included stints in AFL, Super Rugby, NRL, A*League, Uncle Toby's Iron Man, Davis Cup and half a dozen Olympic events.

Well said hahaha lol

Go the force!!!!

T

Travi34

1. Scarf
2. Jonnosan
3. Panda (just play, don't worry about being crap)
4. moses
5. jay-c
6. jesus
7. topo
8. gooch
9. konze
10. baa

nice line up, youve also got splex from twitter... though I'm trying to convert her to the Rebels... I think I might be losing/lost that battle

we should have a rule.... every try, the try scorer has to have a drink - to prevent people who are co-ordinated from ruining our spectacle.

We should just turn this into a drinking game based around touch... :)

Great work getting a team together. Now I've got to make sure we have some players of suitable ilk to compete against you guys...

Details will just happen - over-organising is the worst.... just keep your Saturday Arvo free before the Rebels defeat the Tahs.... :)

jay-c

Ron Walden (29)
OK ****s, get your name on the bloody sign-up sheet. Who have we got?

1. Scarf
2. Jonnosan
3. Panda (just play, don't worry about being crap)
4. moses
5. jay-c
6. jesus
7. topo
8. gooch
9. konze
10. baa

dunno how my name got in there> but id be in for a game!
we can be a drinking team with a rugby problem eh? how bout a minimum consumption before we take the field?

T

Travi34

Update: SFS trust, Kooga, and Waratahs Media/Marketing are onboard...

So that means best case, we are the "precurser" game at SFS, wearing special shirts made by Kooga....

but in reality... we might get a field by SFS, maybe a camera from Tahs and/or some advertising, and subsidised jersey by Kooga.

Word is for the Rebel Army crew that our jersey/singlet/touch top will cost $27 which is subsided a fair bit from the custom Kooga cost. could get one for GAGR, but dunno if anyone wants to pay that....

btw I reckon we all wear our club socks, Barbarian style... BHRUFC FTW!

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Shit Trav. I'm now imagining this crew playing in front of 30,000.

OK, I'm going to contact everyone today to confirm availability. I'll talk to Gagger about t-shirts. Everyone in he G&GR Squad - I reckon you should feel free to invite your mates if they have even heard of G&GR.

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
New G&GR style guide?

Attachments

• G&GRTahs.png
    G&GRTahs.png
    67.9 KB · Views: 176

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
Staff member
I am down for that weekend now. Still have to organise things so that I can get to the game.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
Update: SFS trust, Kooga, and Waratahs Media/Marketing are onboard...

So that means best case, we are the "precurser" game at SFS, wearing special shirts made by Kooga....

but in reality... we might get a field by SFS, maybe a camera from Tahs and/or some advertising, and subsidised jersey by Kooga.

Word is for the Rebel Army crew that our jersey/singlet/touch top will cost $27 which is subsided a fair bit from the custom Kooga cost. could get one for GAGR, but dunno if anyone wants to pay that....

btw I reckon we all wear our club socks, Barbarian style... BHRUFC FTW!

good stuff trav, i sent a messege to the media managare also asking if we could use the field byt he cricket nets that the old tahs crew will know as the original tah bar. its about 50 metres from the gates and has toilets, change rooms etc etc, so hopefully it will come together.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
fuck that TahJ, we want the SFS at half time. If they can show Under 7s they can show old drunk men.

So far we've got:

1. Scarf - confirmed
2. Jonnosan - confirmed (maybe + 1)
3. Panda - confirmed
4. gooch - confirmed
5. konze - confirmed
6. barbarian - confirmed

moses - ?
jay-c - ?
jesus - out (hip / knee / ticker)
topo - ?
sevenpointdropgoal - maybe (has to check with girlfriend :confused:)

And Moses / Trav / TahJ - should we wear something like the G&GR t-shirt or do the marketing gurus want to pitch in some Tah t-shirts? Or borrow some training shirts?

And also - anyone from GoTheTahs (e.g., splex) or Tah regulars want to get in?

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
I'm going to doing some stellar filming/interviews if there are a couple more non players we could prob hook up some commentary as well

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
The question on my lips is, will you play "tap on your foot" touch or League style "play the ball touch"?

Is kicking aloud (providing it doesn't bounce)?

This is serious business.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
I agree, we'll need some clear rules laid out well before the day so there's no confusion.

Could Lindommer referee this occasion?

Rob42

John Solomon (38)
The question on my lips is, will you play "tap on your foot" touch or League style "play the ball touch"?

Is kicking aloud (providing it doesn't bounce)?

This is serious business.

Absolutely - you can't have a game of social touch without an argument about the rules first.

In my experience, the game that has tap-on-foot, no dummy-half, and kicking (must catch kick on full) is called "tip footy", whereas the game with dummy-half, roll-under-foot and no kicking is called "touch football". Tip footy is much more fun - you don't want a couple of those hyper-fit cyborgs spending the whole game eating up metres out of dummy-half...

T

Travi34

splex is in, so is alpii from twitter (probably) im sure beth and oscar will come and watch as well...

alpii is keen to ref, as shes got uni games for touch at that time, so cant risk playing ( weakling) but who knows!

Well I think rebel army are going for some touch singlets or something from Kooga (pretty sure) but happy for a GAGR shirt ( i need one anyway) to commerate the "event"

I think we'll have to have some rule re: only 2 or 3 players under 100kgs on the field at a time ;) or a total weight of team on the ground must exceed 500kgs... lol

Can someone write up a draft rule list based on all out non-sensical suggestions? i nominate panda

EDIT* - Also i was thinking touch, but play tip @ training... either either... whatever is preference

T

tallboy

Waratahjesus I've got a busted hoof at the moment so my silky skills won't be seen on the pitch so I'm happy to help out wherever I can. Whether it be briskly walking water/beer out to the games combatants or I'll happily lend a hand with some commentary or similar. (Disclaimer: I suffer from the debilitating disease sleepinducus baratonus, or more commonly called a monotone voice. So let's hope the action on the paddock is enough to keep the spectators conscious?)

Status
Not open for further replies.