• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

Well ive definitely gone off him as a fullback this year, looks better playing 10..

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
I still think Kurtley Beale has the ability to be the best 10 in the country.

Sure it's a possibility. I wouldn't say a likelyhood be certainly a possibility.

But look at the other blokes we have, Quade and Barnes both have strengths and weaknesses but they're both good players. Then you have Leliafano and Tamua (note: I'm aware of my poor spelling but I've got to smash this comment out quickly and get back to work).

We don't need Kurtley to be a 10 as much as we need him to be a fullback. Then again, I suppose Leliafano has plenty of potential as a 10... as does JO'C.

A

AlexH

I agree with en_force_er.

We have pleanty of capable tens, a couple of exceptional ones and a handful more who are due to step up to the plate in the next season or two.

Some would argue that when Beale is at his best he is better than Dagg. It may be the case that he could be a better ten than Cooper but if it ain't broke.....

blues recovery

Billy Sheehan (19)
In both Roberts and Woodward the Rebels have a couple of very exciting young players . Watched them both play over the weekend. Roberts has great feet , a lot of speed and a good boot.
Woodward is a big lad ,is very safe and reliable and has a massive boot. There is not really an Australian 15 comparison to Woodward , bit in the old Roger Gould mould.
Believe they have also signed Rory Sidey , not sure about that one , but I guess in a squad of 30 has to be some tradesman like players.
So by my calc squad looks like

Props. Weekes, Alo Emile, Aloheli, Henderson
Hookers. Robinson, Tyrell
Locks. Pyle,Neville, Thomson,King
Backrow,. Jones, Higinbotham,Saffy,Delve,Fugistallar, Davidson
Half. Phipps, Stirzaker,Kingi
10. Beale, Roberts
Centre. JOC (James O'Connor),Inman,Sidey,Mitchell,
Back three. Woodward, Vuna, Sitauti, Rockabaro

One to go plus EPS . Has to be another hooker somewhere.
Very young team compared to last year.

kronic

John Solomon (38)
Props. Weekes, Alo Emile, Aloheli, Henderson, Blake
Hookers. Robinson, Tyrell, Tessman
Locks. Pyle,Neville, Thomson,King
Backrow,. Jones, Higinbotham,Saffy,Delve,Fugistallar, Davidson
Half. Phipps, Stirzaker,Kingi
10. Beale, Roberts
Centre. JOC (James O'Connor),Inman,Sidey,Mitchell,
Back three. Woodward, Vuna, Sitauti, Rockabaro

One to go plus EPS . Has to be another hooker somewhere.
Very young team compared to last year.

Blake seems to be still around, no confirmation though.

Couldn't find anything about Sidey.

blues recovery

Billy Sheehan (19)
Yeah probably right but that's 31. I think Blake is still training but hasnt yet been re signed. Heard reports Tessman is going and that they are looking at a hooker from Canberra , Leafa who won the ACT club comp player of the year .

T

tranquility

I agree with en_force_er.

We have pleanty of capable tens, a couple of exceptional ones and a handful more who are due to step up to the plate in the next season or two.

Some would argue that when Beale is at his best he is better than Dagg. It may be the case that he could be a better ten than Cooper but if it ain't broke...

I rate Beale when he is fully conditioned (of course), but he is not fit to cut Dagg's toenails let alone take his position on a rugby field. Dagg is close to the most the threatening player on the planet.

Caputo

Billy Sheehan (19)
I am still mistified about the drawdown of imports for the Rebels. I have as fol:
Ged Robinson - unsure of status but eligible for Wallabies 2014
James King
Gareth Delve
Fugistaller
Jason Woodward

Unsure of Rockobaro eligibility as he was classified by IRB in France for local eligibility. Mark Swanepoel lost Aus eligibility for having season in NZ and IRB still consider Ruahri Murphy as Irish even though Aus citizen

The Canberra Vikings Hooker would be classed as a foreigner so I do not think he would be eligible for EPS

Cyril Towers (30)
I am still mistified about the drawdown of imports for the Rebels. I have as fol:
James King
Gareth Delve
Fugistaller
Jason Woodward

Unsure of Rockobaro eligibility as he was classified by IRB in France for local eligibility. Mark Swanepoel lost Aus eligibility for having season in NZ and IRB still consider Ruahri Murphy as Irish even though Aus citizen

The Canberra Vikings Hooker would be classed as a foreigner so I do not think he would be eligible for EPS

Rokobaro has played an "A" game for Fiji, so not eligible for Aus is my understanding. I think that's why the TAHS let him go.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Owens didn't impress and is gone.

I thought he played his best rugby for the Rebels and was quality. The supporters in my area always quite liked him, me included..

James King
Gareth Delve
Fugistaller
Jason Woodward

I think he has an NZ A cap. Could be wrong.

kronic

John Solomon (38)
Played for the Junior ABs, doesn't qualify for Aus.

Woodward can't also before anyone asks that.

Status
Not open for further replies.