• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
7 conversions and 1 try today, pretty impressive by Woodward

I watched the Wellington game last night and Woodward looked impressive. He has explosive speed and can break a tackle. He made a number of breaks including one from his own 22 which saw him gain 50 or 55 metres in the second minute of the game. The try he scored he received a pass 22 metres out cut back inside to find a hole broke a tackle and scored. He kicked a couple of conversions from wide out as well. I know there is a step up from ITM Cup to Super Rugby but he looked promising. Scott Fugilstaller came on at the start of the second half he did a couple of nice things but wasn't overly involved.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
I've heard this before: http://www.theage.com.au/rugby-unio...on-has-hurt-the-wallabies-20121007-276vs.html

And we remember what happened last time they came out with this rubbish:

I love the way Kiwi's dump on the Rebels yet only one of there 4 teams that have come to Melbourne and left with a win. They are really blind sighted and it's laughable. When we beat the Chiefs and Highlanders in Melbourne this year we will have defeated all the NZ teams at home.

I watched the Wellington game last night and Woodward looked impressive. He has explosive speed and can break a tackle. He made a number of breaks including one from his own 22 which saw him gain 50 or 55 metres in the second minute of the game. The try he scored he received a pass 22 metres out cut back inside to find a hole broke a tackle and scored. He kicked a couple of conversions from wide out as well. I know there is a step up from ITM Cup to Super Rugby but he looked promising. Scott Fugilstaller came on at the start of the second half he did a couple of nice things but wasn't overly involved.

He is a good signing looking at the way he played, I thought the way he stepped through tackles was very impressive. He was playing on the wing yesterday so he can play across most of the back line which is help full.

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
The Rebels have just emailed out our 2013 squad and Kronic with the addition of Rory Sidey by Blues Recovery was spot on the mark.

kronic

John Solomon (38)
Yep, got the release this morning.

Mortlock to be involved with coaching next year, as well as Freier in communications & media (he sent the release out).

30th spot undecided.

D

daz

Mortlock to be involved with coaching next year, as well as Freier in communications & media (he sent the release out).

Greatest backroom admin signing in the history of Oz rugby. Any club would be proud to have him speak on their behalf.

Hyperbole much? Yes indeedy.

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
A good squad although perhaps a little thin in props and wingers.
For wingers we're looking at what - Vuna, Mitchell, Woodward, Situati, Rokobaro, Kingi at a stretch, JOC (James O'Connor) if he has to? It's not that bad - although I would like to have seen an out-and-out pace merchant on the list somewhere. Props I definitely agree with. Think the main deal this year is going to be getting the correct team balance.

kronic

John Solomon (38)
Definitive quote from Hill was in relation to the back row and Higginbotham, he stated the best thing for the team was to have Scotty at 8.

Where does this put Delve? Important considering the captaincy also.

Status
Not open for further replies.