• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
yes my point about being pragmatic, able to communicate and understand the team structure.

this is perhaps a pointer to the ability of a good coach. able to harness the talents of a great, spontaneous player by placing around him those who can respond, putting in place attacking and defensive structures that compliment the skill set not constrain it (? is link better than robbie wrt QC (Quade Cooper) and perhaps the thinking behinds quades "toxic" outburst on tv). it was interesting that when mitchell recently took over at sale he emphasised the need to use cipriani's attacking talents and not restrict him by adopting a style that did not naturally suit his gifts. at the end of the day, however, there clearly has to be a balance between the two.

TOCC clearly a wasted talent in the forwards unless of course you were in the front row, great debaters and high intellects all them

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
In my mind if a player passes/kicks to where a team mate "should have been" consistently and the guy is never there they are either not communicating right or doing the wrong thing and they are CERTAINLY not a player worth worrying about.

Either that or that particular team mate is at fault, but in say Cipp's case it can't be every single other player he's played inside's fault that he's not performing.

Also, there's never an excuse for defending poorly. Nobody expects at 85-90kg inside back to make dominant hits but he should still stick most of his tackles.

jermano

Ted Fahey (11)
Haven't seen these posted on the thread yet,. 2013 Jerseys.

Melbourne-Rebels-Shirt-2013.jpg
BLK-Melbourne-Rebels-Jersey-2013.jpg

not much change. Anyone here know about when these type of things go on sale? 1st game approx. 40 days away

kronic

John Solomon (38)
Hit up Rugby Fever if you want merch.

JOC (James O'Connor) moonlighting as a samurai with that haircut.

T

TOCC

Looks like they should have had one of the props modelling the away jersey... JOC (James O'Connor) doesn't quite fill it out

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Interesting view on the Rebels Squad for 2013:

Best team
1. Laurie Weeks
2. Ged Robinson
3. Paul Alo-Emile
4. Hugh Pyle
5. Cadeyrn Neville
6. Scott Higginbotham
7. Jarrod Saffy
8. Gareth Delve
9. Nick Phipps
10. Kurtley Beale
11. Cooper Vuna
12. Rory Sidey
13. Mitch Inman
14. Kimami Situati
15. James O’Connor

16. Shota Horie
17. Eddie Aholelei
18. Chris Thomson
19. Luke Jones
20. Richard Kingi
21. Bryce Hegarty
22. Angus Roberts

Other members
23. Nic Henderson
24. James King
25. Scott Fuglistaller
26. Tim Davidson
27. Nic Stirzaker
28. Lachlan Mitchell
29. Jason Woodward
30. Alex Rokobaro

Extended playing squad
31. Pat Leafa – hooker
32. Cruze Ah-Nau – prop
33. Trent Dyer – No 8
34. Jordy Reid – openside
35. Tom English – centre

http://www.theroar.com.au/2013/01/0...stralian-super-rugby-squads-melbourne-rebels/

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
This would be my starting 22:

1. Laurie Weeks
2. Ged Robinson
3. Paul Alo-Emile
4. Hugh Pyle
5. Cadeyrn Neville
6. Scott Higginbotham
7. Jarrod Saffy
8. Gareth Delve
9. Nic Stirzaker
10. Kurtley Beale
11. Cooper Vuna
12. James O’Connor
13. Mitch Inman
14. Kimami Situati
15. Jason Woodward

16. Shota Horie
17. Eddie Aholelei
18. Chris Thomson
19. Luke Jones
20. Richard Kingi
21. Bryce Hegarty
22. Angus Roberts

I don't rate phipps.....

kronic

John Solomon (38)
1. Henderson
2. Robinson
3. Weeks
4. Pyle
5. Neville
6. Higginbotham
7. Saffy
8. Delve
9. Phipps
10. Beale
11. Vuna
12. Mitchell
13. Inman
14. Situati
15. O'Connor

16. Horie
17. PAE
18. Thomson/King
19. Jones
20. Stirzaker
21. Sidey
22. Woodward

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Hope you have got it in one Kronic. Really don't like when JOC (James O'Connor) plays at 12 for the Rebels.

James Buchanan

Trevor Allan (34)
JOC (James O'Connor) should be at 10 and Beale at 15.

JOC (James O'Connor) never looked as good for the Rebels at 10 as Beale did. While external observers may harp on about individual characteristics of each player, Beale made the Rebels' attack work better than JOC (James O'Connor) did. As such, he is a better selection at 10.

Also I'm trying to work out why everyone has Situati in their best 15. I'd rather select a bloke who has seen some Super Rugby action previously as a "best 15" player at this stage of the season and let the youngsters work their way into the team.

FiveStarStu

Bill McLean (32)
Haven't seen these posted on the thread yet,. 2013 Jerseys.

snip

Meet the new jersey, same as the old jersey.

Our away one sucks. A prototype had the blue bit more pronounced and continuing on to a V, almost like a Melbourne Demons AFL jersey. Would have been different.

I hope one year we bring back the state hoops for an away/heritage jersey.

Ah well.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
JOC (James O'Connor) never looked as good for the Rebels at 10 as Beale did. While external observers may harp on about individual characteristics of each player, Beale made the Rebels' attack work better than JOC (James O'Connor) did. As such, he is a better selection at 10.

Also I'm trying to work out why everyone has Situati in their best 15. I'd rather select a bloke who has seen some Super Rugby action previously as a "best 15" player at this stage of the season and let the youngsters work their way into the team.
Alex Rokobaro has to be considered for the wing as well. That has to be one of the toughest calls for Hill, especially replacing Gerrard and his boots influence on the game.

FiveStarStu

Bill McLean (32)
1. Henderson
2. Robinson
3. Weeks
4. Pyle
5. Neville
6. Higginbotham
7. Saffy
8. Delve
9. Phipps
10. Beale
11. Vuna
12. Mitchell
13. Inman
14. Rokobaro
15. O'Connor

16. Horie
17. Alo-Emile
18. Thomson
19. Jones
20. Stirzaker
21. Kingi
22. Situati

Rokobaro before Situati to begin with. JOC (James O'Connor) goes full-back but he/Mitchell/Kingi are interchangeable. Hope Stirzaker gets a go.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Well, Beale should only play at 15 for the Wallabies unless there's injuries.

But let's see where he plays and how he goes at the Rebels this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.