• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

RebelYell

Arch Winning (36)
I'm trying to work out where a lot of our players who left the club have ended up. With the eception of Gerrard, Holmes, Owen, Manu and Huxley, can anybody tell me anything about where the following are:

• Blake
  • Byrnes
  • Chamberlain
  • Hilgendorf
  • Hodson
  • Johannson
  • Mosese
  • Perrett
  • Tessman
  • Tyrell
Any help appreciated

elementfreak

Trevor Allan (34)
I'm trying to work out where a lot of our players who left the club have ended up. With the eception of Gerrard, Holmes, Owen, Manu and Huxley, can anybody tell me anything about where the following are:

• Blake - France I think
  • Byrnes - Russia
  • Chamberlain - No idea
  • Hilgendorf - Europe
  • Hodson - Shute Shield
  • Johannson - Released, last time I heard he might be heading to Japan again
  • Mosese - Not sure
  • Perrett - Shute Shield
  • Tessman - Released
  • Tyrell - No idea
Any help appreciated

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Actually several articles on Danny this weekend in UK press. He was dropped after the 62 - zip drubbing by Toulon not even in the 23. Unsurprisingly his defence was in question

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
  • Blake - France I think
  • Byrnes - Russia
  • Chamberlain - No idea
  • Hilgendorf - Europe
  • Hodson - Shute Shield
  • Johannson - Released, last time I heard he might be heading to Japan again
  • Mosese - Not sure
  • Perrett - Shute Shield
  • Tessman - Released
  • Tyrell - No idea

Tyrell went back to WA citing family reasons, but Caputo could have inside word.

Mosese went to league.

Johannson is still in Melbourne, I bumped into him doing Christmas shopping a few weeks back. If he is in fact going to Japan they're at the pointy end of the season so feasibly he could be yet to start his contract for the following season.

As for Hodson, as a genuine WA product I hope they do him some favours instead of letting him go like Holmes.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
I saw him for a couple of games for Force 'A' in 2011. He looked like he had a lot of potential. Was disappointed to see him go to the Rebels. Even more disappointed that he has now gone to league. IFRC his defence needed work. Maybe after a year or two in league he will come back as a better player.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Obviously Mosese is a talented player with plenty of potential but I don't think he looked like he was ready for an EPS spot yet.

Hope he gets all he can out of being in a professional environment in the league u20s and comes back a Super Rugby ready player.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
I had an argument in the stands once with a guy at the Rebs who was maintaining that there's 3-4 better 5/8s than Cipriani in Victoria 1st Grade right now. A particularly ridiculous viewpoint in my eyes.

That being said, Cipps sucks at tackling but is a decent attacker who takes risky options too often.

Sometimes this looks great, specially in a team going forward. Often (Read: Mostly), it doesn't.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
this of course is the curse of the truly gifted, visionary players, think campo, quade, cipriani. they see/sense opportunities that mere mortals don't and so take an option that often backfires because those around them are too slow to cotton on, they throw the pass to where the player should be, not necessarily where he is or going to be. when it comes off eg rebels v force and the gerrard/cipriani combination and try, its fabulous; when it doesn't eg campo's pass to greg martin v lions, it looks ridiculous. the truly great players learn to temper the brilliance with some pragmatism.
its the partner of the fit, enthusistic but hopeless player who keeps getting into the play only to fuck it up each time

T

TOCC

this of course is the curse of the truly gifted, visionary players, think campo, quade, cipriani. they see/sense opportunities that mere mortals don't and so take an option that often backfires because those around them are too slow to cotton on, they throw the pass to where the player should be, not necessarily where he is or going to be.

This was always my problem when i played in the backs.... Then the coach moved me into the forwards... A wasted talent ;p

Swingpass, it could also be suggested that the difference between a gifted visionary player and a truly great player is the ability to understand the limitations and ability to communicate their intent to the players around him...

No point doing a chip kick over the top if no player in the backline is quick enough to reach it before the opposition, regardless of whether its a exceptional kick or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.