• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
No loss - he would have signed for one year while he looked for an o/s contract.give me Pyle, Neville and Jones any day!!

I tend to agree. He's ticked representative duties on the Rugby player bucket list, time to earn some coin. It's a professional sport and you gotta make the coin while you can.

For locks, don't forget Chris Thomson. Hope to see him on the team sheet more this year. Still probably need another Lock in the squad. I suspect Luke will find himself wearing a 6 more next year if Saffy is still considering an overseas offer and ends up taking it. Think someone said something about a French deal?

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
I'm not sure if anything could come good out of signing a player who clearly doesn't want to be here....

He signs like he doesn't want to be here because it'll be on the cheap.

Signing a better than average Super Rugby player with test experience who will link in with the Victorian Tongan community is a good deal when it's on the cheap.

D

daz

Guy is brilliant. Excellent signing, shame for Sidey but great for the Rebels.

I guess the hope is that it pushes Rory to compete for his spot. While the current Rebels squad is clearly forging ahead, they have suffered a bit due to lack of competition for some of the key positions.

Good teams have solid jostling for game-day jumpers across the park. I see this as a win-win.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
It's important to remember Sidey could easily play the role we all envisioned him playing, the utility.

On a good day he covers 12-14, on any other day when we likely have an injury he slots into the starting line-up where needed.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
I think he's a good 10, maybe even a starting 10, but I still think we need someone experienced to complete with him that's on equal of better footing.

Possibly...

T

tranquility

I think Tamai Ellison is a better outside that AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), great get !

D

daz

Was at Rebels HQ today for a meeting, and while I was in the gym area I met coach Tony and caught up with a few of the lads.

Tony seemed like a very nice guy. Last day of work before a 4 week team break and it is fair to say the boys were pretty relaxed!

D

daz

Well, I didn't see any horns or overt flames in his nostrils, but then again, I am not on the Rebels playing roster.

Maybe he hides his demon ancestry from the public?

;)

D

daz

Giving Mitch his match-worn Rebels v Lions jersey back seemed like a good idea.

It was not until afterwards that it occurred to me; being in a photo with one of the Cleo 50 top bachelors of the year is MORE likely to enhance my deficiencies.

I was also unaware of the technical term for the room and equipment behind me. Tony McGahan called it a "Jim".

Funny calling a room after a bloke.

A good day.

Attachments

• Mitch_daz_Sept2013.jpg
    Mitch_daz_Sept2013.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 322
T

tranquility

Sam Cordingley is doing great things with your list. Good things are just around the corner one would think.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
watching waikato and auckland.
toby smith once again very impressive, PAE good early on but needs to work on his fitness, really puffing at the end of the half. feel quite good/confident about rebels forward pack next year. think they will more than hold their own at scrum time, have a good lineout and be very good at the breakdown and running around the edges. :)

Edit: despite my concerns about his fitness, PAE played out the entire 80 !

Status
Not open for further replies.