• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

FiveStarStu

Bill McLean (32)
I would think Higginbotham will remain captain for 2015, with two of Weeks, Jones and McMahon deputies. Higgers has great leadership qualities, even if he doesn't always show them in the heat of action, so he will be able to impart a lot over the year.

The Rebels desperately need a franchise player or two - they've bet big on imports to take the lead and the constant flux isn't helping the culture.

I would offer Jones and McMahon as much money as we can find and sign them for life. Whoever signs first is the skipper.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Disagree about his being a bolter, I think he's a natural captain.

Colby is arguably even more so - but McMahon is more likely to be starting in games.

Perhaps a natural captain, but a bolter in that it'll be his third season in the competition.

T

TOCC

Good to hear, hope he can rediscover the form which earned him Wallaby selection in 2012

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Rebels say not a Kiwi, so either Jono Lance or a Bull then.

Or Kane Thompson, Tim Nanai-Williams, Mahonri Schwalger if they're counting them as Samoan.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Maybe a former Chiefs player?

What about Lelia Masaga or someone to come back from Japan to replace Tamati Ellison in 2016?

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Could be a Kiwi. Question on Twitter is 'no doubt a kiwi', which had the response 'incorrect'. To me that says it can be from any of the super franchises that have one multiple titles.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Spies would be an apt replacement for Higgers and would give options in case Timani breaks down. Still would like to see more of Jones at 8, but looks like TT and probably Cheika have different plans.

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
I think this place would go into meltdown if they announced a two-time Super winning Coach was replacing TT.
May not be a head coach, could be an assistant coach or it could be a player who won twice (like a brumby from the early 2000s) joining as an assistant coach or support staff. I had thought there playing roster was already full which is why I'm thinking it might not be a player.

Status
Not open for further replies.