• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Melbourne is a stronghold of AFL. How is the life of a rugby supporter in that city?

Well for this one, fantastic. I get to watch premium Rugby on a regular basis in the best City in Australia. Whats not to love?

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Must cost you a bit in airfares to achieve that. :)

Yep, because it's so easy to get around Sydney..

adfd55f8d26a27039ec01201c2b7d773.jpg

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
He's 22. Outrageous that he's leaving. Must have felt he wasn't wanted in gold.

Maybe it has something to do with the the resigning of Laurie Weeks. He probably felt he was going to get no more than 10 minutes a week for this season and maybe next. That means he's going to be 24 before he can get a starting spot at a province and he just felt he was going to get bypassed at the Rebels.

Its not like Australian teams value good scrummaging tight heads! How many tries has he scored, how many runs has he made - that's what gets you selected Down Under.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Maybe it has something to do with the the resigning of Laurie Weeks. He probably felt he was going to get no more than 10 minutes a week for this season and maybe next. That means he's going to be 24 before he can get a starting spot at a province and he just felt he was going to get bypassed at the Rebels.

Its not like Australian teams value good scrummaging tight heads! How many tries has he scored, how many runs has he made - that's what gets you selected Down Under.
I think it's directly linked to that. Only about 2 or three days after the news about PAE we saw that Lorenzo re-signed. Tim Meecher's signing means he had even more competition.

I think you will see PAE back in oz after his France gig, probably back he at the Reds

FiveStarStu

Bill McLean (32)
I nominate OZTimmy, he has enough time on the train home to gather his thoughts.

What happened to 5Star?
I'm taking a sabbatical this year. Going to go deep into the Amazon and really discover myself and what it really means to be a rugby blogger.

But in all honesty, I'm juggling a fair bit of Rebs and non-Rebs stuff and just couldn't commit to doing a good enough job.

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
I'm taking a sabbatical this year. Going to go deep into the Amazon and really discover myself and what it really means to be a rugby blogger.

But in all honesty, I'm juggling a fair bit of Rebs and non-Rebs stuff and just couldn't commit to doing a good enough job.
Thanks for the work you've done in the past seasons, 5*Stu!

Good luck with your Amazonian odyssey.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Bumping this. We've had some interest but another writer would be good.

Hi Guys. Sorry about posting this so close to Christmas but.

Looking for Rebels writers for Super Rugby 2015.

Anyone interested Start a Convo with me.

D

daz

Come on, my fellow Rebels supporters, if you want to get involved on a whole other level, and know how it feels to be a Rebels fan and GAGR God AT THE SAME TIME, have a go writing about the games.

There are plenty of other GAGR Gods on the site that will work with you and provide guidance to get you started. Don't let a lack of experience hold you back.

Drop Sully and myself a DM and step up!

D

daz

I must admit, the cap is utterly appalling.

The Rebels are not ready to be recognised by logo only on the front of the cap, like some Prince/The Symbol replication.

The Rebels need to have as much brand exposure as possible. The 5 Stars alone is not going to cut it.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
nah, disagree daz, the cap is better than last year.

so is the scarf, although i can't abide 100% acrylic anything.

Mrs Pass won't wear either, again ("don't they come in better quality fabric ?")

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
I must admit, the cap is utterly appalling.

The Rebels are not ready to be recognised by logo only on the front of the cap, like some Prince/The Symbol replication.

The Rebels need to have as much brand exposure as possible. The 5 Stars alone is not going to cut it.

Have to agree with Daz here, the hat is a shocker. To be honest I am sick to death of getting Hat's every year, how many day games do we play again?

Jones on the gold membership card this year, miss Pyle already.

T

TOCC

Yep, clubs need to alternate between a hat, shirt and scarf.. People don't like getting the same item each year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T

TOCC

Reds are offering no clothing in 2015, but are offering discounted prices on hats and shirts.. $10 each I think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
In all my time I've only worn the scarf once, and it was due to some 'special offer', which translated into a flag waving thing at half time. Since I lost my neck in the first scrum I packed I have zero need for a scarf. Cheap hoodies would be good, the nice thin ones you can wear under your match day jesery

Status
Not open for further replies.