• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
This might be old news but, don't bother going to Team Fever in Swan St to look for Rebels merch for xmas. They've shut up shop. Online only now.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
This might be old news but, don't bother going to Team Fever in Swan St to look for Rebels merch for xmas. They've shut up shop. Online only now.

With all the online options (Lovell, Fangear, random eBay sellers) I don't think they had much choice. I'll be interested to see how the CCC store down at Harbourtown goes.

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
Rebels just posted on Facebook that anyone who has renewed their membership by 28/11 should have their pack delivered in the next five days.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
I think we've known for 2 or 3 weeks now.

It does make sense. He'll not make the RWC squad in 2015, so 2 or 3 years on big cash, along with battling a lot of uglies, gives him the opportunity to come back in 2018/19 and have a red hot go at the Wallaby squad.

Assuming he doesn't get injured, or Ma'afu-ed, or doesn't want to come back of course.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
I think we've known for 2 or 3 weeks now.

It does make sense. He'll not make the RWC squad in 2015, so 2 or 3 years on big cash, along with battling a lot of uglies, gives him the opportunity to come back in 2018/19 and have a red hot go at the Wallaby squad.

Assuming he doesn't get injured, or Ma'afu-ed, or doesn't want to come back of course.

100% agree, and I think the same goes for Hugh Pyle too.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
i would love to see both Hugh Pyle and PAE back in Melbourne, but i don't expect it will happen. i truly think (unfortunately) that australian rugby will continue to lose many talented younger players to a better paying boss overseas, the lure of a Wallaby jumper is just not what it once was.

T

TOCC

I don't think it has anything to do with the lure of the Wallaby jersey, which for a player would be just as high as it once was.. What has changed is that wages in Australia have plateaued in line with ARU revenue whilst wages in Europe continue to experience massive growth(France in particular)..

There is a wealth gap between North and South and Australian Rugby is falling behind whats on offer up north, initially it was the top stars but in the past 24months its also evident in the next tier of players as well.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Just became a paid up supporter member of the Rebels. I was born there and cant stand most things about Victoria until the Rebs came along. I feel part of the family for a modest $50!

You're now welcome back in Mexico...

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
I was born there and cant stand most things about Victoria until the Rebs came along.

you can't stand the majority of things that exist and or take place in the state that borders yours where the only material cultural differences are afl or rugby, differences in how much one state likes coffee versus the other, and a higher proportion of pubs with pokies in one state and not the other.
weird.

Reactions: Tex

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Hi Guys. Sorry about posting this so close to Christmas but.

Looking for Rebels writers for Super Rugby 2015.

Anyone interested Start a Convo with me.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Hi Guys. Sorry about posting this so close to Christmas but.

Looking for Rebels writers for Super Rugby 2015.

Anyone interested Start a Convo with me.

I nominate OZTimmy, he has enough time on the train home to gather his thoughts.

What happened to 5Star?

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Rebels just posted on Facebook that anyone who has renewed their membership by 28/11 should have their pack delivered in the next five days.
Still no sign of mine, hoping BLK where a bit quicker with the pre-orders of the new jersey.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
I nominate OZTimmy, he has enough time on the train home to gather his thoughts.

What happened to 5Star?

My thoughts on the train ride home, pickled I the finest lager, should be sealed in concrete and thrown into bass strait.

Besides I have the writing creativity of a drunken baboon. Who would be mad enough to read my words...

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
Still no sign of mine, hoping BLK where a bit quicker with the pre-orders of the new jersey.
I got quite excited a couple of days ago when I found a large, white plastic bag in my mail box. I was thinking it would be my Rebels gear but no, it was my AFL club's membership pack. I wasn't really expecting the AFL stuff to arrive so soon as I only just renewed but those guys have obviously got their shit together when it comes to processing memberships.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
I got quite excited a couple of days ago when I found a large, white plastic bag in my mail box. I was thinking it would be my Rebels gear but no, it was my AFL club's membership pack. I wasn't really expecting the AFL stuff to arrive so soon as I only just renewed but those guys have obviously got their shit together when it comes to processing memberships.

Bear in mind anyone of the AFL teams are well resources and can dispatch these packs fairly quickly. Lots of cadet type roles are funded centrally and go out to the various clubs as required. The rebels however wouldn't have this luxury and probably have one or two guys working their ring off to get the job done. Could be other reasons too, I dunno. It will turn up...

Status
Not open for further replies.