• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
What the club has done grooming wise might not matter to the new owners. Until the season launch and first practice game we really don't know the direction for 2016.

Anyone going to the Launch? Looked at it but thought $150 per head is a bit steep for the Peninsula.
We are going - stumbling distance across Harbour Esplanade, pricy, yes - but also very handy! Peninsula may not be the Palladium, but it scrubs up nicely!

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
What the club has done grooming wise might not matter to the new owners. Until the season launch and first practice game we really don't know the direction for 2016.

Anyone going to the Launch? Looked at it but thought $150 per head is a bit steep for the Peninsula.
If the new owners are so activist that they're willing to go over the heads of the coaches then we've got far bigger problems than the captaincy tbh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
I hope they are willing to challenge Tony, means they are invested in the club. If a coach does not have to answer to the owners we are screwed.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Hey guys,

Every week the team at G&GR (comprised of volunteers) produce a range of top-quality content for all to enjoy. This includes reviews, previews, analysis and the daily news.

We are looking for volunteers to write match previews and reports on Rebels games for the 2016 Season.

Ideally we're looking volunteers to write three previews and reviews, however we woulds always welcome more content.

There are also other writing opportunities on Green and Gold Rugby: Team of the Week, Tuesday Top 5, National teams, Club competitions (i.e. Dewar Shield) and NRC articles. It is great opportunity for aspiring writers, rugby tragics or anyone who wants to help out. All skill levels and experience are welcome.

If you are keen please send me a convo and we can discuss more details.

OzT.

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
Hey guys,

Every week the team at G&GR (comprised of volunteers) produce a range of top-quality content for all to enjoy. This includes reviews, previews, analysis and the daily news.

We are looking for volunteers to write match previews and reports on Rebels games for the 2016 Season.

Ideally we're looking volunteers to write three previews and reviews, however we woulds always welcome more content.

There are also other writing opportunities on Green and Gold Rugby: Team of the Week, Tuesday Top 5, National teams, Club competitions (i.e. Dewar Shield) and NRC articles. It is great opportunity for aspiring writers, rugby tragics or anyone who wants to help out. All skill levels and experience are welcome.

If you are keen please send me a convo and we can discuss more details.

OzT.
I just got an email about an open training session next Thursday. I'll probably go along and take my camera. I'd be happy to make some photos available to use on the site if you're interested in that.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
I just got an email about an open training session next Thursday. I'll probably go along and take my camera. I'd be happy to make some photos available to use on the site if you're interested in that.

Will try to there. Taking photos is not easy for matches, so good luck with the training.

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
I hope they are willing to challenge Tony, means they are invested in the club. If a coach does not have to answer to the owners we are screwed.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
Sorry, can't agree with that. I want them to be invested in the club, don't get me wrong. But I want them to find the best GM, best coach, best S&C guy, the best facilities etc etc. and then get out of the way. Put the right people in place, then let them do their job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
I'm not saying get in his way, I am saying make him back his decisions. With regards who the Rebels gave been grooming, we don't know if that was Tony and the other coach's choice or the ARU/VRU choice. All I know is the ARU has not really helped us with the quality players they let leave the club over the last 2 seasons and not allowing fighting to keep some of them.

The Rebels best interests were not being looked after by the ARU, if they were PAE would still be in Melbourne. Higgers would have got a flexible contract like Foley etc.

T

TOCC

The Rebels best interests were not being looked after by the ARU, if they were PAE would still be in Melbourne. Higgers would have got a flexible contract like Foley etc.

That will bloody do me, the ARU came in and propped the Rebels up with almost $5million over two years, call me crazy but perhaps the best interests of the club was to remain solvent.

Higgers wanted more money, so did PAE, thats the reality of professional rugby. No one is complaining about the signing of James Hanson though. Rebels aren't the only team to lose players.

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Was it telling that at today's open training session Fugs was the one interviewed after the session or was that just a red (and blue and white) herring?

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
red-herring.jpg

Plenty of the leadership group did Interview last year, they seemed to rotate it around a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.