• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I hope the IPRC is wildly successful but I don't for a minute believe Twiggy's intention is to destroy RA and Super Rugby.

Hopefully beyond 2020 we will see a restructure and the Force will be back playing with the other Australian teams and everything will be in a far healthier financial state.

Some of the assertions being made are in my view completely unlikely. The IPRC isn't suddenly going to be an incredible competition that will bring Super Rugby to its knees.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Here comes my Troll, how are you today slim? and BH my other Troll.
The point is a 1m sponsorship is nothing, and why have Twiggy as an enemy, plain dumb.

let's make this clear, because you will get a formal warning on this. But this is a Rebels page and you came on here and made disparaging and irrelevant comments first. Don't then go calling others troll. It is the very definition of what you did.

Jamie

Watty Friend (18)
Major sponsor signed, to be annouced next week. Was signed before the Reds but could not get the jerseys done in time.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Great news!

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Great? I would say slightly less than a complete disaster.
Wait and see whether it is the half price membership version of a sponsorship.
What ever it is it won't cover the Rebels costs let alone RA's.
Great would be the 200m, that Twiggy has allocated to the IPRC, if it was directed into rugby in all of Aust not into just WA and also into a competition that is planning to usurp Super Rugby and RA.

Don't be like that.

https://mashable.com/2016/09/25/hiroo-onoda/#dEK85bAXpkqE

Do we need to send Coleman over to give you your official orders to stand down.

lou75

Ron Walden (29)
Major sponsor signed, to be annouced next week. Was signed before the Reds but could not get the jerseys done in time.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Great news!
I'm a little weary of posts that announce an announcement is imminent. If you have something to say, then share it, but this is a little twee

D

daz

I'm a little weary of posts that announce an announcement is imminent. If you have something to say, then share it, but this is a little twee

Really? That makes you weary? Potential news of a major sponsorship for “your” team?

Coming from from one of the leading Rebels conspiracy theorists, who appears to be death-riding the very team you profess to support, your comment is frankly laughable.

stoff

Bill McLean (32)
Lou. What would actually make you happy about the 2018 Rebels?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lou75

Ron Walden (29)
Lou. What would actually make you happy about the 2018 Rebels?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
the current standings makes me very happy about the rebels - we are on top of the Aussie conference and above the Crusaders at the moment overall - very very happy

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Admit it or not Melbournites are the same as everyone else: they turn up to support winning sides.

While we can fuss over the VRU, Sponsorship, whatever, that's the most important thing over this season and beyond: Good Performance is more bums on seats, and more bums on seats = more bums on seats.

D

daz

Admit it or not Melbournites are the same as everyone else: they turn up to support winning sides.

While we can fuss over the VRU, Sponsorship, whatever, that's the most important thing over this season and beyond: Good Performance is more bums on seats, and more bums on seats = more bums on seats.

And given that, I would expect to see over 10K this Friday v the Ponies. A winning team gets lots of mossy shit stuck to it when it is rolling, or something like that.

But wouldn’t you know it, a long weekend coming up, so as usual most Melbournites will gridlock the roads in every direction getting out of town. That means my expectation for a crowd will fall somewhere around the 7-9K mark.

If that does happen, I can see it now; headlines about how Melbourne can’t bring a crowd to a team losing OR winning.

Ah well.

James Pettifer

Jim Clark (26)
And given that, I would expect to see over 10K this Friday v the Ponies. A winning team gets lots of mossy shit stuck to it when it is rolling, or something like that.

But wouldn’t you know it, a long weekend coming up, so as usual most Melbournites will gridlock the roads in every direction getting out of town. That means my expectation for a crowd will fall somewhere around the 7-9K mark.

If that does happen, I can see it now; headlines about how Melbourne can’t bring a crowd to a team losing OR winning.

Ah well.

Oh course. Meanwhile, the heartlands of rugby can only get a couple of thousand over the rugby outpost of Melbourne and somehow that isn't as big of an issue ...

Status
Not open for further replies.