• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Cottrell is apparently the only injury concern from this week.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
looking at the photo on the Rebels website, finger doesn't look too bad. My (professional) opinion/guess was a finger dislocation, and all the blood was from a split web, not a compound finger fracture. thats why he was raring to get back on.

jimmydubs

Dave Cowper (27)
I'd always assumed lou was actually a Force fan who just had a Rebels supporter logo so he could get away with shitposting about the Rebels more easily.

Kind of like Kiwi rugby lover who posts prolifically on the front page who I don't think is actually a Kiwi.

There’s a Lou on twf that i always assumed was the same person.

I never mentioned it as I think he’s doing a fine job.

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
I'd always assumed lou was actually a Force fan who just had a Rebels supporter logo so he could get away with shitposting about the Rebels more easily.

Kind of like Kiwi rugby lover who posts prolifically on the front page who I don't think is actually a Kiwi.
In fairness, KRL may well be a lover of Kiwi rugby, rather than a Kiwi that loves rugby ;)

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
So, Force game on the 9th of June (first week of the June Internationals). Interesting for many reasons. Particularly because we could be missing more than fifteen players to International duties and injury, but still might be able to put out a Super quality side.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
So, Force game on the 9th of June (first week of the June Internationals). Interesting for many reasons. Particularly because we could be missing more than fifteen players to International duties and injury, but still might be able to put out a Super quality side.

To be fair, the Force squad would not be competitive against a full strength Rebels or 'saders team...........

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
To be fair, the Force squad would not be competitive against a full strength Rebels or 'saders team.....

No, of course not, but it's still a strange proposition. Just off the top of my head, I'm going to exclude Faulkner, Uelese, Coleman, Phillip, Timani, Mafi, Genia, Sefa, Hodge, DHP & Koroibete. Chuck Ainsley in there and Hardwick too for the sake of random injury cover.

Team looks like: Adams, Maddocks, English, Meakes, Hutchison, Debreczeni, Ruru, Sa'aga, Rangi, Talakai, Jeffries, Parling, RHP, Fainga'a, Cottrell

Res: Malolo, Daley, Weeks, Hosea/Ha'angana, Leota, Goddard, McGregor, Tuipulotu

Before further injury or player management, that squad is on par if not better than many of the teams we were putting out in 2017, and we've only had to go "outside the squad" for a hooker, because we've only chosen to carry two.

Rebelsfan

Billy Sheehan (19)
No, of course not, but it's still a strange proposition. Just off the top of my head, I'm going to exclude Faulkner, Uelese, Coleman, Phillip, Timani, Mafi, Genia, Sefa, Hodge, DHP & Koroibete. Chuck Ainsley in there and Hardwick too for the sake of random injury cover.

Team looks like: Adams, Maddocks, English, Meakes, Hutchison, Debreczeni, Ruru, Sa'aga, Rangi, Talakai, Jeffries, Parling, RHP, Fainga'a, Cottrell

Before further injury or player management, that squad is on par if not better than many of the teams we were putting out in 2017, and we've only had to go "outside the squad" for a hooker, because we've only chosen to carry two.
Agree, and it will give those guys an opportunity to show what they can do rather than be quite so overlooked during the season

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
With such a large extended squad it’s important that players get some game time, think it’s a fantastic idea from a Rebels perspective.

Rebelsfan

Billy Sheehan (19)
With such a large extended squad it’s important that players get some game time, think it’s a fantastic idea from a Rebels perspective.
and it gives Wessels an opportunity to try out new combinations without costing Super Rugby ladder points

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)

Id expect Maddocks to be with the Wallabies squad given his form and he toured in November.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

lou75

Ron Walden (29)
I would say Maddocks is in and Koroibete is waiting to go in part way into the game - depending on how Maddocks goes, will depend on how early in the game Koroibete goes on, but he will go on at some point to see how he plays

D

daz

I’ve deleted our little sponsorship debate as we were going in circles and lost something in the translation.

Moving on.

elementfreak

Trevor Allan (34)
Brumbies Runners vs. Rising in Albury on Saturday apparently - anybody know anyting about it?

3pm kick off, proper game I believe in terms of two 40 minute halves. Line ups have been named:

1. Tom Moloney
  2. Sama Malolo
  3. Pone Fa’amausili
  4. Esei Ha’angana
  5. Trevor Hosea
  6. Sakilia Nioa
  7. Sione Taufa
  8. Siemei Kolio
  9. Harrison Goddard
  10. Tayler Adams
  11. Kitione Ratu
  12. Dave Horwitz
  13. Sione Tuipulotu
  14. Henry Hutchison
  15. Semisi Tupou
  16. Henry Platt
  17. Angus Arundel
  18. Darren Dean
  19. Will Clift
  20. Seru Uru
  21. Ant Van Zyl
  22. Hunter Paisami
  23. Peter Breen
  1. Nick Mayhew (Brumbies / Easts)
  2. TP Luteru (Wests)
  3. Mees Erasmus (Brumbies / Easts)
  4. Darcy Swain (Brumbies / Tuggeranong)
  5. Blake Enever (Brumbies / Easts)
  6. Justin Sikimeti (Queanbeyan)
  7. David Bennett (Uni-Norths)
  8. Brodie Leber (Wests)
  9. Ryan Lonergan (Brumbies / Tuggeranong)
  10. Mack Hansen (Brumbies / Gungahlin)
  11. James Dargaville (Brumbies / Gungahlin)
  12. Jordan Jackson-Hope (Brumbies / Tuggeranong)
  13. Andrew Smith (Brumbies / Queanbeyan)
  14. Lausii Taliauli (Brumbies / Royals)
  15. James Verity-Am (Brumbies / Easts)
  16. Isileli Fa (Uni-Norths)
  17. Alex Small (Gungahlin)
  18. Tom Ross (Academy / Gungahlin)
  19. Liam Rasch (Academy / Wests)
  20. Jake Helgesen (Gungahlin)
  21. Isaak Fines (Academy / Gungahlin)
  22. Len Ikitau (Academy / Tuggeranong)
  23. Seth Going (Royals)

Status
Not open for further replies.