• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
3pm kick off, proper game I believe in terms of two 40 minute halves. Line ups have been named:

1. Tom Moloney
  2. Sama Malolo
  3. Pone Fa’amausili
  4. Esei Ha’angana
  5. Trevor Hosea
  6. Sakilia Nioa
  7. Sione Taufa
  8. Siemei Kolio
  9. Harrison Goddard
  10. Tayler Adams
  11. Kitione Ratu
  12. Dave Horwitz
  13. Sione Tuipulotu
  14. Henry Hutchison
  15. Semisi Tupou
  16. Henry Platt
  17. Angus Arundel
  18. Darren Dean
  19. Will Clift
  20. Seru Uru
  21. Ant Van Zyl
  22. Hunter Paisami
  23. Peter Breen
  1. Nick Mayhew (Brumbies / Easts)
  2. TP Luteru (Wests)
  3. Mees Erasmus (Brumbies / Easts)
  4. Darcy Swain (Brumbies / Tuggeranong)
  5. Blake Enever (Brumbies / Easts)
  6. Justin Sikimeti (Queanbeyan)
  7. David Bennett (Uni-Norths)
  8. Brodie Leber (Wests)
  9. Ryan Lonergan (Brumbies / Tuggeranong)
  10. Mack Hansen (Brumbies / Gungahlin)
  11. James Dargaville (Brumbies / Gungahlin)
  12. Jordan Jackson-Hope (Brumbies / Tuggeranong)
  13. Andrew Smith (Brumbies / Queanbeyan)
  14. Lausii Taliauli (Brumbies / Royals)
  15. James Verity-Am (Brumbies / Easts)
  16. Isileli Fa (Uni-Norths)
  17. Alex Small (Gungahlin)
  18. Tom Ross (Academy / Gungahlin)
  19. Liam Rasch (Academy / Wests)
  20. Jake Helgesen (Gungahlin)
  21. Isaak Fines (Academy / Gungahlin)
  22. Len Ikitau (Academy / Tuggeranong)
  23. Seth Going (Royals)

Brumbies pack should take care of the Rebels pack fairly comfortably.

Rebels have the edge at 9/10

Brumbies 11-15 should have the edge over the Rebels, although both sets are fairly decent.

Brums by 10-15

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Blake Enever from Wallabies to Brumbies Runners.. What a turn of fortune. I would hate to lose him but he really should be playing Super Rugby

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Blake Enever from Wallabies to Brumbies Runners.. What a turn of fortune. I would hate to lose him but he really should be playing Super Rugby

Of course, but the Brumbies have four Super Rugby quality locks who are all healthy and only three will ever play each week.

Pray for an injury, then no one will have to be left out. ;)

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Meanwhile the Rebels have Colby and Hardwick on the bench, and the Brumbies have Fakisolea at 7.......... I suggested a player swap in the match thread and would happy to negotiate this between the teams.

T

TOCC

Rebels still no sponsor.. that’s a quarter of their home games done for 2018, the longer it drags on the more the value falls

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
Rebels still no sponsor.. that’s a quarter of their home games done for 2018, the longer it drags on the more the value falls
It's a real wasted opportunity, you'd think they would've been better off giving each of these 'clean skin' weeks to a different charity and at least getting some good publicity out of it

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

James Pettifer

Jim Clark (26)

And it has been at least 2 days since the sponsor was talked about and deleted. The more this gets posted, the more boring things get and the more Daz has to delete ....

T

TOCC

And it has been at least 2 days since the sponsor was talked about and deleted. The more this gets posted, the more boring things get and the more Daz has to delete ..

Don’t confuse why the sponsor chat was deleted, it was because people were arguing the semantics of the time frame mentioned...

There is nothing wrong with asking, or discussing the Rebels sponsorship situation, regardless of how much you may not like the current situation.. it’s a major issue and deserves to be discussed

lou75

Ron Walden (29)
Exactly, I am beginning to think that Jamie from NSW is a bit of a troll - two weeks after the supossed sponsorship signing and no announcement today - the day of the game - the day of the big lunch at the big end of town (Australian Club) but nothing to say about Revenue streams. Very perplexing

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
It's a real wasted opportunity, you'd think they would've been better off giving each of these 'clean skin' weeks to a different charity and at least getting some good publicity out of it

Or have each of the players get their Melbourne club's logo on their chest, help promote that link between the professional and the club game and let any kids watching who aren't playing yet see where they can follow their heroes.

Boof1050

Bill Watson (15)
Don’t confuse why the sponsor chat was deleted, it was because people were arguing the semantics of the time frame mentioned.

There is nothing wrong with asking, or discussing the Rebels sponsorship situation, regardless of how much you may not like the current situation.. it’s a major issue and deserves to be discussed
Tocc please stop upsetting the applecart.

upthereds#!

Peter Johnson (47)
The Brumbies are no worse then last year (on paper) in fact some would argue they are better (with poey at least) however what is most telling is that DEPTH talks. On paper, and on the field, the Rebels were the better team in the last 20 minutes.

Bench players that were quality performers last season (like Saaga, Rangi, Talakai & RHP), have bolstered the new starters of the rebels (ainsley, faulkner, uelese, coleman, philip), with experienced campaigners Daley & Weeks, the best enforcer dup of Timani & Mafi, the best selection of mobile backrowers (plural - none individually a hooper, but again, depth!) to start with AND finish with Fainga'a, hardwick & cottrell - it's just ridiculous. This team IMO is the only Aussie or SA team that doesn't lose anything when the bench comes on. With Genia now being backed up by Ruru (what a duo!), to always direct the backs with guys like DHP, Koroibete, Naivalu, Maddocks having to share! jeeeeez.

The Reds, Tahs and Brumbies are not weaker then they were last year - but the rebels are so much stronger. Maybe this 4 team thing had a point. Not quite what was expected but with 3 teams no worse, the best players rehomed, and our weakest team now very very solid, not the start I was fearing. But let's see what happens against NZ teams...

Jerry West

Sydney Middleton (9)
That Rebels bench really did come on and blow the game apart.

Fainga'a’s first involvement in the game, BD steal/penalty post Brumbies L/O. After Hodge’s second Koroibete defensive pressure causes the ball to spill Talakai scrambles and keeps the ball alive, Maddocks runs 60 to score. Last try of the game comes from another BD turnover, Hardwick picks and shoots down the field finished off by Ruru. Energy and quality from the bench put the game to bed. Job definitely well done.

What’s crazy is that someone is going to miss out next week with the return of Coleman and Parling (Concussion). Who loses out? Insane.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
^^^its impressive. It’s what all teams need to aim for. It’s why the NZ teams and the ABs nearly always pull away from other teams in the last 20.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Do we know what happened in the Rising vs Runners match? Score? Injuries?

Brumbies Runners enjoyed an outstanding 47-12 win this afternoon against a strong Rebels A team in Albury.
Tries: Lausii Taliauli (2), Mack Hansen, James Dargaville (2), James Verity-Amm, Seth Going, Cons: Ryan Lonergan (4), Jordan Jackson-Hope (2)

Jamie

Watty Friend (18)
Hi All

Sorry I have been away on A/L and just came to the board and saw my name being mentioned about the sponsor. All I did was copy the original post by Kevin and commented "Great News" the original pots was made by Kevin I believe. Anyway I hope it comes to fruition as I like to see all Super Sides with a main sponsor. Ps: I do go for Tahs.

Attachments

• Photo MR.jpg
    Photo MR.jpg
    309.3 KB · Views: 174
Status
Not open for further replies.