• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Id say only on a minor scale, they will probably help drive costs down at events etc. by supplying alcohol, potential event locations, etc. but mainly used as a mutually beneficial chance to put both names forward when associated (essentially networking). Works tho, i'm curious to try it out now tho haha.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
DaUR1w4UQAAZhPl.jpg

Incredible display of disunity in the camp. Division in the ranks is palpable after the Powerhouse reps delivered mass corkies to their teammates.

Reports from "sources" in QLD indicate a hostile takeover of the social committee will be launched at the Tuesday team meeting, with incumbents Weeks and Jeffries facing stiff competition from upstart wing/halfback combination of Maddocks and Goddard, who are relying on a strong platform of guestlists at 161, Revolver and the Botanical.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
While preferential access to Chapel St's finest institutions make for a strong pitch from the young blokes, insiders expect the Weeks/Jeffries combination to deal with this challenge to their authority in an efficient manner by defeating Maddocks/Goddard in the traditional port skulling competition, followed by a stern dead-arm for having the fucking cheek to even suggest upending the status quo.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Another piece about former Rebels, this time with Lachy Mitchell.

https://melbournerebels.com/2018/04/11/where-are-they-now-lachy-mitchell/

Most interesting part imo is the insight into Tulusa Veainu and what happens when a player is in the right environment. I know some scratch heads at why TT was so reviled by fans, but for me it was in a large part due to his inexplicable benching of blokes who were clearly high quality. Veainu is close to the top of that list.

Favourite team mate and why?
Tulusa Veainu because he is evidence that as a player you always have the opportunity to refresh yourself. Sometimes you can fall out of favour or lose your confidence in a particular environment, but thrive in another. We all knew he was a rare talent, hell, you’d be hard-pressed to get a finger on him in a 1mx1m tackle gauntlet. He’s now tearing up the English Premiership breaking Anzac hearts and English ankles.

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
Another piece about former Rebels, this time with Lachy Mitchell.

https://melbournerebels.com/2018/04/11/where-are-they-now-lachy-mitchell/

Most interesting part imo is the insight into Tulusa Veainu and what happens when a player is in the right environment. I know some scratch heads at why TT was so reviled by fans, but for me it was in a large part due to his inexplicable benching of blokes who were clearly high quality. Veainu is close to the top of that list.

Favourite team mate and why?
Tulusa Veainu because he is evidence that as a player you always have the opportunity to refresh yourself. Sometimes you can fall out of favour or lose your confidence in a particular environment, but thrive in another. We all knew he was a rare talent, hell, you’d be hard-pressed to get a finger on him in a 1mx1m tackle gauntlet. He’s now tearing up the English Premiership breaking Anzac hearts and English ankles.
It sucked when Mitchell didn't have his contract renewed and unbelievable that Veainu was let go. Speculating but I guess he didn't fit into TT's gameplan of catch the ball and kick it to them.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
It sucked when Mitchell didn't have his contract renewed and unbelievable that Veainu was let go. Speculating but I guess he didn't fit into TT's gameplan of catch the ball and kick it to them.

didn't fit the mould of "winning the collision", but as i pointed out at the time, if you are good enough to actually avoid the collision, you don't need to be so big. just one of many weird TT decisions, remember changing almost the entire team after winning three trials and the opening super round. FFS

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Tulusa has been an absolute jet in the UK.

Not the match thread but I'm looking forward to seeing the Hag-war-es travelling media circus. They brought every man woman and dog over to AAMI last season.

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
Tulusa has been an absolute jet in the UK.

Not the match thread but I'm looking forward to seeing the Hag-war-es travelling media circus. They brought every man woman and dog over to AAMI last season.
Another game where we snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
'twas a recurring theme last year. Hopefully the Waratahs and Wellington spankings have lit a fucking bonfire under the team and they come out and score another 6 try BP win

Status
Not open for further replies.