• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Also I think if he one day wants to be Aus coach it would be better to have TF on side than the ARU. Not knowing if TF cares where he goes, though I would think he would want him available to coach the Force in Asia.

I would think that would be Forrest's top priority.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Also I think if he one day wants to be Aus coach it would be better to have TF on side than the ARU. Not knowing if TF cares where he goes, though I would think he would want him available to coach the Force in Asia.

The other side of it, goes to Munster has success and steps into the Ireland job in 2019 after Joe Schmidt leaves for the All Blacks job. To get an international gig he has more chance with Munster than the Rebels. Let'sface it you need to make the final of a comp and while I hope the Rebels can manage that soon I know Munster will be knocking on the door for the next few years.

Rassie has done an amazing job at Munster and would be a easy transition to take over compared to coming into the Rebels at the moment.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
The other side of it, goes to Munster has success and steps into the Ireland job in 2019 after Joe Schmidt leaves for the All Blacks job. To get an international gig he has more chance with Munster than the Rebels. Let'sface it you need to make the final of a comp and while I hope the Rebels can manage that soon I know Munster will be knocking on the door for the next few years.

Rassie has done an amazing job at Munster and would be a easy transition to take over compared to coming into the Rebels at the moment.

Surely the logical choice for Munster's next coach is O'Gara. He's been throwing his name around the past year with a few coaching opportunities. Plus the affiliation with the club is obvious.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Surely the logical choice for Munster's next coach is O'Gara. He's been throwing his name around the past year with a few coaching opportunities. Plus the affiliation with the club is obvious.

Has already said his not ready for a head coaching role and feels he has unfinished business with Racing.

Also with Foley I think O'Gara would find it difficult to step into the role this soon. Think all locals want a bit of time in between.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)

GUYS. HE'S A FIRST YEAR COACH OF A SIDE THAT FAILED TO MAKE FINALS IN A RIGGED MICKEYMOUSE COMPETITION.

GET A GRIP.

I know it's Friday but surely you're not on the sauce already?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
GUYS. HE'S A FIRST YEAR COACH OF A SIDE THAT FAILED TO MAKE FINALS IN A RIGGED MICKEYMOUSE COMPETITION.

GET A GRIP.

I know it's Friday but surely you're not on the sauce already?

I do love the theme that somehow after winning 6 out of 15 games, he's the best coach in Australia.

T

TOCC

I do love the theme that somehow after winning 6 out of 15 games, he's the best coach in Australia.

Can't speak for everyone.. But i rate him as a coach because he took a playing group and had them playing above their reputation and beating teams with bigger budgets, more resources, friendlier travel schedules and better players. I also rate him because their was an obvious improvement in the skills of the players throughout the year, something which Gibson, Larkham, Stiles, McGahan, Grey haven't achieved this year. I think its a bit dramatic to claim that people think he is the best coach in Australia, but what he has demonstrated is quite a bit of potential which is something in itself to be excited about.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
RE: Wessels.........

Next year would've been the determining factor.........

Link, White and Cheika all had major improvements in the teams they took over in their first year and they all reached the grand final the following year.........

If Wessels had've taken the Force to the GF next year I think there would be no doubt about his coaching credentials, but at the least he made improvements in the Force in his first year there.........

B

BLR

RE: Wessels...

Next year would've been the determining factor...

Link, White and Cheika all had major improvements in the teams they took over in their first year and they all reached the grand final the following year...

Is that the only measure of success, reaching the grand final in the second year of coaching a team?

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Well Lomax is officially gone. Just turned up for Tasman after getting clearance last night. Think this one might end up leaving a bad taste in our mouth at some stage

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
Not well informed on this one but did he have a contract for the coming season? What has happened that has led to his exit?

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Not well informed on this one but did he have a contract for the coming season? What has happened that has led to his exit?

There was word earlier in the year that he was being chased by the Kiwis.......... His Dad represented in NZ in league, and he grew up playing that sport in NZ before coming back to Canberra and moving to rugby.............. I wouldn't be surprised if he's always had the dream to represent the AB's, and now that he's been given the opportunity to go over there he's taken it.

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)

He was signed with the Rebels for 2018 but has just signed a contract to play for the Hurricanes from 2019. He asked for and was given an early release. A top, young talent lost to the Darkness.

lou75

Ron Walden (29)
The Rebels have to clear the salary slate so they can take on the newcomers from the West and stay under the $5 m cap. Looks like things are fitting into place.

Status
Not open for further replies.