• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Hands off Gold! Taylor's an adopted Scot through and through! (I genuinely have no idea, but that's my hope)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

jimmydubs

Dave Cowper (27)
So if Wessels heads north then you need a coach.

Stiles was Melbourne born and it would seem he's a big chance of being available.
To like that or not. Hmm. Kinda like him going, fair swap for TT. But what's that mean for the Reds. Arggghhh.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Nick Ryan new GM of profession Rugby (sp?) and pathways. Replacement for Baden.

Thoughts?

204511c4d2d0dac1cec8853edc6b75bd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Lomax has been granted an early release & will join the Clan from 2018:

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby...p-tyrel-lomax-to-play-for-highlanders-in-2018

My Chiefs source tells me that having secured Lomax NZR are no longer actively pursuing Mike Ala'alatoa but if he chooses to make himself NZ-available they'll obviously take him.

Good luck to the fella, will always be a what could of been but oh wells. Maybe MAT might be looking to join his brother back over here at a franchise.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Only one home game that's not a Friday night is the Jaguares. Finishing bottom sure put a end to Saturday games.
DATE GAME LOCATION KICK OFF (AET)
Rd 1 BYE (Australia & New Zealand Conferences)
Rd 2 Fri 23 Feb Rebels v Reds Melbourne, Australia 7.45pm
Rd 3 Sat 3 Mar Sunwolves v Rebels Singapore, Singapore 8.00pm
Rd 4 Fri 9 Mar Rebels v Brumbies Melbourne, Australia 7.45pm
Rd 5 Sun 18 Mar Waratahs v Rebels Sydney, Australia 4.05pm
Rd 6 Fri 23 Mar Rebels v Sharks Melbourne, Australia 7.45pm
Rd 7 Fri 30 Mar Rebels v Hurricanes Melbourne, Australia 7.45pm
Rd 8 BYE
Rd 9 Sat 14 Apr Rebels v Jaguares Melbourne, Australia 3.15pm
Rd 10 Sat 21 Apr Bulls v Rebels Pretoria, South Africa 11.05pm
Rd 11 Fri 27 Apr Stormers v Rebels Capetown, South Africa 3.10am (Sat)
Rd 12 Fri 4 May Rebels v Crusaders Melbourne, Australia 7.45pm
Rd 13 Sat 12 May Brumbies v Rebels Canberra, Australia 7.45pm
Rd 14 BYE
Rd 15 Fri 25 May Rebels v Sunwolves Melbourne, Australia 7.45pm
Rd 16 Sat 2 Jun Blues v Rebels TBC 3.15pm
Rd 17 Fri 29 Jun Rebels v Waratahs Melbourne, Australia 7.45pm
Rd 18 Fri 6 Jul Reds v Rebels Brisbane, Australia 7.45pm

Rd 19 Sat 14 Jul Highlanders v Rebels TBC 3.15pm

M

Moono75

Nick Ryan new GM of profession Rugby (sp?) and pathways. Replacement for Baden.

Thoughts?

204511c4d2d0dac1cec8853edc6b75bd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
shame your social media manager can't spell. We had one who is probably looking for a job about now.

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
The 2018 draw coming out, for me, well and truly makes me finally relax in the knowledge we really, really are back next year. Of course we knew that, but this makes it official for me.

gordy1

Frank Row (1)
The 2018 draw coming out, for me, well and truly makes me finally relax in the knowledge we really, really are back next year. Of course we knew that, but this makes it official for me.

From a Force supporter, I can understand your thoughts (and, believe me, I wish I was in your position, with a team to support).

But I don't envy you...do you really trust that the ARU will continue to look after you for much longer? What number of Super Rugby teams do they really want?

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Hey gordy1 - trust us, we're stuck between joy at having a team to support and grieving on Force's behalf. But this isn't the place for those little derailing rhetorical questions. Chuck it in the other 'how fucked is the ARU?' threads.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
From a Force supporter, I can understand your thoughts (and, believe me, I wish I was in your position, with a team to support).

But I don't envy you.do you really trust that the ARU will continue to look after you for much longer? What number of Super Rugby teams do they really want?
I'm just going to do what I've always done: support my team while I can. That may be for a year, three years, ten years. Whatever it is. I am living in the now.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Alright guys, time to have some actual fun and look forward in anticipation to next season. Personally i am over the doom and gloom, and the now expected nature that we aren't allowed to look forward to whats on the horizon.

Time we put our best 23 on paper for next season. Out of respect to those for obvious reasons lets keep to signed players.

1. Sa'aga
2. Uelese
3. Faulkner
4. Cummins
5. Parling (vc)
6. Timani
7. Fainga'a
8. Mafi
9. Genia (c)
10. JGB
11. Koroibete
12. Tuipulotu
13. Hodge
14. Naivalu
15. Maddocks

16. Hanson
17. Daley
18. Weekes
19. Jeffries
20. Toolis
21. Stirzacker
22. Horwitz
23. English

Obviously some strengthening to be done in certain positions, mainly the midfield or depth in the front row and back row. But the team as a whole is already marginally better than last seasons one.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
^^^^
I would not mind seeing

11. Koroibete
12. Hodge
13. Naivalu
14. English or another winger
15. Maddock

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
Alright guys, time to have some actual fun and look forward in anticipation to next season. Personally i am over the doom and gloom, and the now expected nature that we aren't allowed to look forward to whats on the horizon.

Time we put our best 23 on paper for next season. Out of respect to those for obvious reasons lets keep to signed players.

1. Sa'aga
2. Uelese
3. Faulkner
4. Cummins
5. Parling (vc)
6. Timani
7. Fainga'a
8. Mafi
9. Genia (c)
10. JGB
11. Koroibete
12. Tuipulotu
13. Hodge
14. Naivalu
15. Maddocks

16. Hanson
17. Daley
18. Weekes
19. Jeffries
20. Toolis
21. Stirzacker
22. Horwitz
23. English

Obviously some strengthening to be done in certain positions, mainly the midfield or depth in the front row and back row. But the team as a whole is already marginally better than last seasons one.

I like the idea of Hodge at 13. I'd like to see a season of it.

Jerry West

Sydney Middleton (9)

1. Sa'aga
2. Uelese
3. Faulkner
4. Cummins
5. Parling (vc)
6. Timani
7. Fainga'a
8. Mafi
9. Genia (c)
10. JGB
11. Koroibete
12. Tuipulotu
13. Hodge
14. Naivalu
15. Maddocks

16. Hanson
17. Daley
18. Weekes
19. Jeffries
20. Toolis
21. Stirzacker
22. Horwitz
23. English

Photos of the Wallabies training session show Faulkner has been at LHP a lot during his time in the squad and my understanding is that he came to Melbourne not only to return home but to play in #1 jersey again

Status
Not open for further replies.