• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BLR

Yes, sorry, the gap between SU and IPRC, even if you don’t make the Super Rugby finals would be fairly short. Though, the IPRC assistants could get things going under direction from the HC.

Well if Wessels has his way by reports you could see a large influx of Force players playing for both squads so perhaps it will be less a lack of a pre-season more a lack of a break between the seasons entirely. (That is taking both Post SU & Post IPRC breaks into account.)

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Well if he was not signed for us the short term contract would make no sense.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk
True and I hope he is heading our way. A good, dependable flyhalf, not flashy, but plays his heart out and is a good kicker. As long as he stays away from injury, he would be a welcome addition.

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
True and I hope he is heading our way. A good, dependable flyhalf, not flashy, but plays his heart out and is a good kicker. As long as he stays away from injury, he would be a welcome addition.

So then, fly-halfs for next season = Lance, JG-B and Horwitz. I reckon that's a reasonable step up from JG-B, Ben VV and Jack.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Consistency is exactly what we need.

Putting aside that brief period from ~mid 2013 to mid 2014 where Hegarty was numero uno, the mercurial fly half has consistently been preferred over the one that shows a cooler head.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Jack was a decent flyhalf. In fact his record with us playing there was fairly decent, i'd dare say over Super Rugby and NRC his win record was above 50%. I'd personally take him back, but maybe a change of scenery is what he needed. TT just didnt like him for some strange reason.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Alex Toolis back for the Rising this week anyhow.

Good news for next year regardless of any other recruits, as much as we like Ha'angana and the other youngsters, big experienced bodies who can actually make an impact (I've never seen a man of Retallicks physical presence be so ineffective on the rugby pitch) are important for depth at least, if not more.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
Jack was a decent flyhalf. In fact his record with us playing there was fairly decent, i'd dare say over Super Rugby and NRC his win record was above 50%. I'd personally take him back, but maybe a change of scenery is what he needed. TT just didnt like him for some strange reason.

I always preferred Jack at full back rather than fly half. Too error prone for 10, IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.