• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
I thought Luke Jones had a very strong game for the Baa Baa’s. Would not mind one but if he came home to Melbourne.
I watched the game again and while good some of that good work was actually Sammy Carter.

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
I watched the game again and while good some of that good work was actually Sammy Carter.

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

Commentators were definitely crap and getting them confused all the time, but I did think Jones was the standout lock on the pitch, particularly after Tui picked up his injury. Nothing as impactful as the big back rowers for sure, but just a lot of hard, neverending work.

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
My understanding is whilst the Rebels were technically VRU owned in the past (briefly), it was run by the ARU (RA now?).

Now, this information is from VRU board types, so take that however you will. Obviously these people have a vested interest in the optics BUT they're also privy to the most information on the day-to-day happenings - so I guess anyone's opinion on this information depends on who you have an axe to grind with.

I am nothing if not honest in what I hear.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
well tex, you didnt seem to mind making a comment re the inquiry before
Yeah you got me mate, guilty as charged. Make the thread I recommended and I'll continue to tell you the toothless senate inquiry is bs.

Until then, grind your axe elsewhere.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
Congrats to Jack Maddocks, who made the Wallabies tour squad as a development player.

A ripper NRC17 helped his case along. I see big things for this bloke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
So we now have a trial/tour match in Japan against Toyota Verblitz a week on Sunday. With the touring Squad set to be named tomorrow.

https://melbournerebels.com/2017/10/30/rebels-eye-future-with-verblitz-trial/

That's going to be very interesting to see what squads named, with no Wobblies, No Stirzaker (who's playing for the Bahbahs I believe), No Chibba or Parling as they're still overseas and potentially a bunch of signings still to come.

At this stage, my questions are basically:

Are Cummo and any of the others who picked up injuries in the NRC going to be fit?

How many/are any of the contracted Rebels who didn't play NRC will play in this game?

Will big Sammy Talakai tour?

Will the likes of Rory O'Connor, Tom Moloney, Murray Douglas and Jordy Reid recieve opportunities to fight for spots, or with the anticipated or already made signings, will a more significant preference be given to youngsters and locals?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
So we now have a trial/tour match in Japan against Toyota Verblitz a week on Sunday. With the touring Squad set to be named tomorrow.

https://melbournerebels.com/2017/10/30/rebels-eye-future-with-verblitz-trial/

That's going to be very interesting to see what squads named, with no Wobblies, No Stirzaker (who's playing for the Bahbahs I believe), No Chibba or Parling as they're still overseas and potentially a bunch of signings still to come.

At this stage, my questions are basically:

Are Cummo and any of the others who picked up injuries in the NRC going to be fit?

How many/are any of the contracted Rebels who didn't play NRC will play in this game?

Will big Sammy Talakai tour?

Will the likes of Rory O'Connor, Tom Moloney, Murray Douglas and Jordy Reid recieve opportunities to fight for spots, or with the anticipated or already made signings, will a more significant preference be given to youngsters and locals?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Murray Douglas has signed with the Hurricanes for 2018.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
team foe exhibtion game

Melbourne Rebels squad for Toyota Verblitz exhibition:

Tom Moloney, Siliva Siliva, Fereti Sa’aga, Alex Toolis, Sam Jeffries, David Hickey, Ikapote Tupai, Rob Leota, Harrison Goddard, Jack McGregor, Kiti Ratu, David Horwitz, Sione Tuipulotu, Henry Hutchison, Tayler Adams, Brandon Amosa Paenga, Pone Va’amausili, Rory O’Connor, Jock Armstrong, Jason Havea, Mahe Vailanu, Hunter Paisami, Latu Latinipalu, Maradona Farao.

a couple of very interesting inclusions Tayler Adams, David Hickey, from the reading it looks like 1 - 15 and the reserves.

Sa'aga at THP again, Adams at fullback, Horwitz and Tuipulotu in the centres.

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
team foe exhibtion game

Melbourne Rebels squad for Toyota Verblitz exhibition:

Tom Moloney, Siliva Siliva, Fereti Sa’aga, Alex Toolis, Sam Jeffries, David Hickey, Ikapote Tupai, Rob Leota, Harrison Goddard, Jack McGregor, Kiti Ratu, David Horwitz, Sione Tuipulotu, Henry Hutchison, Tayler Adams, Brandon Amosa Paenga, Pone Va’amausili, Rory O’Connor, Jock Armstrong, Jason Havea, Mahe Vailanu, Hunter Paisami, Latu Latinipalu, Maradona Farao.

a couple of very interesting inclusions Tayler Adams, David Hickey, from the reading it looks like 1 - 15 and the reserves.

Sa'aga at THP again, Adams at fullback, Horwitz and Tuipulotu in the centres.
Do I take it then that Alex Toolis’ injury was not as bad as first thought? I hope so.

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
Great to see big Sam back and good news re Toolis. I thought the poor bugger might be out indefinitely.

Still no sign of Jordy though.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
So the non-contracted/non-locals are:

Moloney
Hickey
Adams
Ponga Amoesa
O'Connor
Armstrong
Latinapalu

Any info on Hickey, Armstrong and Lanipalatu for someone who's not kept up with much non-Rebels/international/local stuff for a variety of reasons?
Edit: Also good to hear Douglas grabbed a deal somewhere else: Doubly so since he's a Vic and a Scot. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.