• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
David Hickey has played openside for the Rams this year and I am pretty sure he's the same guy who played for the Sydney stars in previous years. Hardworking solid player.

Latinipulu has been brilliant for the Rays. Wing and centre. Great to see him get a shot

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
David Hickey has played openside for the Rams this year and I am pretty sure he's the same guy who played for the Sydney stars in previous years. Hardworking solid player.

Latinipulu has been brilliant for the Rays. Wing and centre. Great to see him get a shot

same same, ex Waratahs, Sydney Uni still (?)

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Dom Shipperley in the photo from training today. mmmm! looks like he is hanging around, but could also still just be re-habing, contract dosen't end till 31/12

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Thought I'd spotted Dom. I'd say I hope he sticks around, but I don't think there's going to be many back spots open in the greater squad: and particularly not back 3 with Sefa, Koroibete, Henry, Hodge, Engo, Tupou and Maddocks already in the mix before you even consider potential signings from both ends of the spectrum (From DHP to a local like Ratu to a trialist like Lanipulatu).

Any other uncontracted players spotted that aren't currently named in the travelling squad?

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
Did anyone see the video on FB? Did anyone else not ice any of the other coaches? I looked, but couldn’t see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lou75

Ron Walden (29)
I hate texting on my phone, it makes up stories, I've been watching and watching and wondering why no one would ice the coaches - and I couldn't work out why the coaches needed icing - but now I see, its notice - no space. Holy crap. No, I didn't notice any other coach either. Probably no big deal

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
I hate texting on my phone, it makes up stories, I've been watching and watching and wondering why no one would ice the coaches - and I couldn't work out why the coaches needed icing - but now I see, its notice - no space. Holy crap. No, I didn't notice any other coach either. Probably no big deal

b2e911fae2301c676125c3f1e161eb43.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
i did see Fainga'a, but not Jordy and no other coaches apart from Pom Simona, who is going to Japan with the team

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Fingers crossed Jordy is kept. We are lacking backrow options even if the likes of Hardwick come over

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Fly half is the only area that's stressing me out for next year. We've got a full complement of Props, Hookers and Scrummies, and outside backs and backrowers are rarely super difficult to find: without knowing exactly where they're at physically/mentally/geographically, Dom & Jordy could re-sign tomorrow and I'd be more than happy. And I'm somewhat certain at least that a 5th Lock wouldn't be hard to source: McDuling was let go by the Tahs because of Simmons and Staniforth coming in, on a 1 year deal, he's capable enough.

If Lance isn't in though, we start to look funny. McGregor is a fine young lad: but not ready, and I think both Horwitz and Hodge will be much, much more valuable as centers rather than 10s. Leaves us a little high and dry. What are we looking at? Sam Greene? Grabbing someone like 38 year old Mike Delaney from across the Tasman? Thrusting Tayler Adams into the deep end?
EDIT: That's what I get for taking forever. Welcome to the sauce brothers.

Status
Not open for further replies.