• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2020

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Greg Holmes comes up every now and then on these threads. But do people realize he’s 36 and now around 4th choice TH at his club.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
R3, I think the question was asking if Greg Holmes was the "Holmes" mentioned as being at Wallaby training. I suspect, though, that it refers to HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes).

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
Greg Holmes comes up every now and then on these threads. But do people realize he’s 36 and now around 4th choice TH at his club.

That happens so often. There is a massive group think issue with the media/fans on Australian players playing overseas. Most people calling for players like Skelton or Fardy haven't watched them play since they left Australia. They read a few articles and regurgitate the same rhetoric.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
That happens so often. There is a massive group think issue with the media/fans on Australian players playing overseas. Most people calling for players like Skelton or Fardy haven't watched them play since they left Australia. They read a few articles and regurgitate the same rhetoric.

Haha this is basically the "Wallabies 2019" thread from start to finish

199madmave

Ward Prentice (10)
The Rebels did look after Jordy Reid's rehab for a long time after his contract was finished. Guess that was cause of workplace laws when injured at work.[/quote]

Reid's treatment at the Rebels was disgraceful. He was offered 90 days of rehab after his contract finished (Dec 2017) and was told he was not wanted for the 2018 season. I am pleased to read he had a great season at Ealing Trailfinders and apparently signed for another year.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
The Rebels did look after Jordy Reid's rehab for a long time after his contract was finished. Guess that was cause of workplace laws when injured at work.

Reid's treatment at the Rebels was disgraceful. He was offered 90 days of rehab after his contract finished (Dec 2017) and was told he was not wanted for the 2018 season. I am pleased to read he had a great season at Ealing Trailfinders and apparently signed for another year.[/quote]

Jordy stayed at the Rebels a lot longer than 90 days, he was entertaining clients match days in 2018 and played Dewar Shield as part of his rehab before moving back to Sydney and playing for Manly again.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
just killing time now and i had a look at the remaining players on the Rebels website. the photos of all the reported departures have been deleted, except one notable - QC (Quade Cooper) ! Roach and English remain also. Anyone with inside info care to speculate.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Think it will be a very good signing, you should be pleased. Personally I’m stoked he’s back in Australia.

not withstanding Kellaway's ability. Why is this a good signing ? they have DHP, Maddocks, Hodge who can all play FB/wing; Koirobete, Tupou, English and Sione Tui for wingers. I dont see the need for another outside back at the Rebels. Magnay also played on the wing this year although he is more a 13 I'll grant you.

jl75

Chris McKivat (8)
not withstanding Kellaway's ability. Why is this a good signing ? they have DHP, Maddocks, Hodge who can all play FB/wing; Koirobete, Tupou, English and Sione Tui for wingers. I dont see the need for another outside back at the Rebels. Magnay also played on the wing this year although he is more a 13 I'll grant you.
Sione Tui was never signed by the Rebels. He is now in France playing 2nd or 3rd div pro I believe.