• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2020

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Rebels 2020 Home jesery - now available.

jesery.png

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Bit of an ambitious mannequin they've used in that shot. Can't remember seeing too many blokes at home games who could fit their right thigh into a jersey that fitted!

Us retired props can fit into that, just have the homer simpson hanging out at the bottom

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
They're better offer a complementary 12 month supply of "the Man shake" with every new jesery purchase. Might have a hope of wearing one then.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Rebels 2020 Home jesery - now available.

View attachment 11231

Anzac jersey might be interesting,

Annoyed that they have resorted back to blue,and doing the same old thing again. To many teams have blue jerseys and it's bloody annoying. 15 team comp with 6 teams having blue in there home kit is just stupid, time for a change.

New away jersey is a disgrace.

Something that stands out in Melbourne as well, enough AFL teams here with blue in the kit as well.

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
Annoyed that they have resorted back to blue,and doing the same old thing again. To many teams have blue jerseys and it's bloody annoying. 15 team comp with 6 teams having blue in there home kit is just stupid, time for a change.

Never understood how SANZAAR let this happen. My count is eight.

AUS - Brumbies, Rebels, Waratahs
NZ - Blues, Highlanders
SA - Jaguares, Bulls, Stormers

Reactions: dru

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Us retired props can fit into that, just have the homer simpson hanging out at the bottom

Look most of us could squeeze into that jersey, but we'd look like a condom stuffed with hot jam donuts, to borrow a phrase from Clive James!

Simon.

Bob Loudon (25)
I'm okay with the Rebels wearing that jersey as they are channelling the Eureka Stockade mythos, but some of the others are a bit less justifiable. Tahs and Blues can both justify theirs (I figure if your team is actually named the Blues, you are allowed a blue jersey). The Bulls have Currie Cup precedent so they get a pass too. Stormers, well at least they're a unique shade.

The Brumbies, Highlanders and Jags have no excuse, since all three of them have established jerseys of other (very bright) colours. Make 'em go back to white, green and orange!

The insistence on blue seems especially odd given the established link between wearing red and winning which has been confirmed in multiple studies. Seems to work for the Crusaders and Lions at any rate - the Reds apparently didn't read the literature.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The Brumbies, Highlanders and Jags have no excuse, since all three of them have established jerseys of other (very bright) colours. Make 'em go back to white, green and orange!

The Brumbies are still white.........

The Highlanders were always blue, as per Otago..........

Jaguares were black, but yes............ no excuse.

Simon.

Bob Loudon (25)
The Brumbies are still white...

Kind of. There's a couple of white panels on their navy blue jersey. I actually quite liked the Brumbies' yellow away strip from a few years ago. Or they could go with the grey camouflage, might help them get away with a few dodgies at the ruck?

The Highlanders were always blue, as per Otago....

Call it harsh but I reckon if you voluntarily go to lime green, you have to keep it. :p

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I think you’ve got it back to front......... the jersey is largely white with navy panels.

Anyways, I don’t think teams that have been around since the competitions inception need to make concessions.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Anyway back to all things Mexican.

Have you lot received your membership packs and cards yet? The club said they'd be posted by Christmas but here we are, a fortnight out and no sign of the swag.