• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2021

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
I must say how good the Brumbies have been to the Rebels in the past month, accommodating us with facilities, been prepared to offer a trial match, allowing a last minute switch of fixture. Hopefully all this time in Canberra will sprinkle even the slightest bit of Brumbies formula on the Rebels and they will come out the better for it.

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
Early season games are crucial in Melbourne by the time we have any home games people with have the choice between 4 AFL games and the League. You will only get the die hards in and even then at lot of them will have split allegiance. They have fucked it up big time changing the draw and it will hurt the club’s revenue as you will easily get 2-3k extra on a Friday

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Early season games are crucial in Melbourne by the time we have any home games people with have the choice between 4 AFL games and the League. You will only get the die hards in and even then at lot of them will have split allegiance. They have fucked it up big time changing the draw and it will hurt the club’s revenue as you will easily get 2-3k extra on a Friday

Melbourne Storm are playing at AAMI park on the Friday night.
I’m not sure about Friday nights drawing larger crowds, I’m sure I’ve read elsewhere that afternoon games attract larger crowds then late night games.

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
Melbourne Storm are playing at AAMI park on the Friday night.
I’m not sure about Friday nights drawing larger crowds, I’m sure I’ve read elsewhere that afternoon games attract larger crowds then late night games.
Well that’s definitely wrong club sports are played Saturday and Sunday so people simply can not go. Friday night is your prime time slot. If we can’t do Friday night because of the Storm at least shift The Force v Tahs game to friend and play the game on a Saturday night FFS. Give the club and the fans something

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Well I have officially had enough, I have been in regional Victoria with close to zero infections the whole time lost most of my leave due to work being ‘non essential’ & finally had 2 things to look forward to.

1 actually attending a rugby match

2 my 1st holiday in 18 months (that’s not locked in my house 23 hours a day) going to Canberra then driving down the coast all the way back home to support the bushfire effected regions only to once again have the only thing to look forward to thrown in my face.

F U RA
F U Dan
F U irrelevant bloke out west
F U Gladys for not caring about border ppl because they don’t swing an election
F U scomo (we haven’t heard from him in a yr in this state)

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
Well I have officially had enough, I have been in regional Victoria with close to zero infections the whole time lost most of my leave due to work being ‘non essential’ & finally had 2 things to look forward to.

1 actually attending a rugby match

2 my 1st holiday in 18 months (that’s not locked in my house 23 hours a day) going to Canberra then driving down the coast all the way back home to support the bushfire effected regions only to once again have the only thing to look forward to thrown in my face.

F U RA
F U Dan
F U irrelevant bloke out west
F U scomo (we haven’t heard from him in a yr in this state)
100% with you on this

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Well that’s definitely wrong club sports are played Saturday and Sunday so people simply can not go. Friday night is your prime time slot. If we can’t do Friday night because of the Storm at least shift The Force v Tahs game to friend and play the game on a Saturday night FFS. Give the club and the fans something

They are getting a home game aren’t they, it’s not like the fans are getting nothing, this seems like an entirely reasonable compromise to a shitty situation. We’ve all endured covid, and this is just one of those compromises.
Making the Force change stadiums removes one of the Forces few FTA matches that it received in 2021.

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
They are getting a home game aren’t they, it’s not like the fans are getting nothing, this seems like an entirely reasonable compromise to a shitty situation. We’ve all endured covid, and this is just one of those compromises.
Making the Force change stadiums removes one of the Forces few FTA matches that it received in 2021.
May as well play it in a graveyard. It’s a terrible outcome. It’s easy to pretend otherwise when it’s not your club.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
EE8FD427-0178-4CD5-A9D9-245017692544.jpeg

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
May as well play it in a graveyard. It’s a terrible outcome. It’s easy to pretend otherwise when it’s not your club.

I’ve sacrificed more then you would know this year, didn’t see my partner for 7 months, spent 8 weeks in hotel quarantine, and didn’t seem my own mother with cancer for 12 months.

So the idea of my club having to play on a Sunday and not a Friday seems a ridiculously insignificant issue, there’s no pretending there.

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
I’ve sacrificed more then you would know this year, didn’t see my partner for 7 months, spent 8 weeks in hotel quarantine, and didn’t seem my own mother with cancer for 12 months.

So the idea of my club having to play on a Sunday and not a Friday seems a ridiculously insignificant issue, there’s no pretending there.
I feel for you personally and hope you are well. But we have got a fucking crap deal here. There is no two ways about it. This deal is absolute dogshit

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Storm is Friday night, Melbourne City Saturday, so Sunday was the only choice. I'm not a fan of Sunday games, pissed off that we had to wait till round 3 for a home game. Even more pissed off now that it's round 5, miss 2 games for Easter holidays than get one more.

Rebels were given a bull shit draw all along. And anyone from another state who thinks it not harsh just need to think about it. Round 1 should have been home games to the Rebels and Force as a thank you for the sacrifice they made in 2020.