• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2021

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
I’m thinking:

Uelese
Fa'amausili
Hosea
To'omua (is he Victorian by birth or did I dream that?)
Koroibete
Ili
Aedo Kailea
Leota
Vaihu

I was thinking (5)

Uelese (Eltham/St Kevins)
Fa'amausili (Moorabbin)
Hosea (Quins)
Aedo Kailea (Quins)
Leota (cant remember was is moorabbin as well?)

To'omua (not a RV product lol)

Koroibete (storm champion however not RV lol)
Ili (rising player but not really a RV product)
Vaihu (I thought was a qld kid am more than happy to be wrong)

RV is seriously underrated would love to see the Rising play in the Brisbane Premier comp or even all our players instead of going to different SS clubs have a pathway where they all go to 1 one side

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
Members Section was thinking a similar thing.

To'omua born in Melbourne, but not really a local product.

Ili is a New Zealander who moved over to Melbourne, leading up to him joining the Rising.

Koroibete born and grew up in Fiji. First joined Wests Tigers then moved to Melbourne to join Storm in 2014.

I also thought Vaihu had Queensland links.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
I was thinking (5)

Fa'amausili (Moorabbin)
Hosea (Quins)
Aedo Kailea (Quins)

RV is seriously underrated would love to see the Rising play in the Brisbane Premier comp or even all our players instead of going to different SS clubs have a pathway where they all go to 1 one side
The Axemen

Rebel man

Peter Johnson (47)
I was thinking (5)

Fa'amausili (Moorabbin)
Hosea (Quins)
Aedo Kailea (Quins)

Apparently Vaihu played club rugby in Melbourne before heading up to board in Qld

Mr Tank

Herbert Moran (7)
Apparently Vaihu played club rugby in Melbourne before heading up to board in Qld

The Vaihu brothers went to a day school, they didn’t board up here so I think the family moved at some point. On Rugby Heaven last night Dave Wessels was talking about both the Vaihu brothers and made a specific point that Glen was born in Melbourne but didn’t make mention of David.

Regardless, I’ve been watching Glen and David playing at school for the last few years, very keen to see Glen take the step up. Also can’t wait to see more of Hosea, to me he looks a genuine superstar.

Zero_Cool

Arch Winning (36)
So what do you guys think the best Rebels backline is?

Am I the only one who thinks To'omua clearly isn't a 10? Even last year when the very average Deegan played 10 the backline looked so much better!

I'd go with something like:
9) Powell
10) Gordon
11) Koro
12) To'omua
13) Magnay
14) Hodge
15) DHP (Hodge if DHP doesn't come back, no idea who plays wing then)

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
So what do you guys think the best Rebels backline is?

Am I the only one who thinks To'omua clearly isn't a 10? Even last year when the very average Deegan played 10 the backline looked so much better!

I'd go with something like:
9) Powell
10) Gordon
11) Koro
12) To'omua
13) Magnay
14) Hodge
15) DHP (Hodge if DHP doesn't come back, no idea who plays wing then)
Yeah that’s close to it. Maybe Hodge at 10 with Pincus/Anderson on the wing till Gordon gets some more experience. It’s a pretty bloody good backline without injuries.

Zero_Cool

Arch Winning (36)
Glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks To'omua really shouldn't play 10. Not sure if it's a mandate from the top or if it's from To'omua himself.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
I was thinking (5)

Fa'amausili (Moorabbin)
Hosea (Quins)
Aedo Kailea (Quins)

Leota - Northern Panthers

rodha

Dave Cowper (27)
I have two questions:

1 - Where is Campbell Magney? Didn't see his name on the Rebel's team sheet.

2 - Is Geoff Parling still the forwards coach or is he full-time with the Wallabies now?

The Grey Man

Allen Oxlade (6)
yes we know Mr Craig. Good to see your google alert is still active.

Proud, long term Eastwood supporter who has seen Ed play since the Under 12's.

Not "Mr Craig" but someone who just wants to see someone from the "wrong side" of Sydney Harbour, who went to a public school and played junior rugby with a club under the Eastwood umbrella get some recognition.

Is there an automated response on Green and Gold Rugby Forum that any one who speaks up for a player from their club is assumed to be a relative?

Look out for Lachlan Anderson as well. If he wasn't an Aus Sevens player he would be challenging Ed for the title fo Eastwood's Next Wallaby.

[Disclaimer] I am also NOT "Mr Anderson", although I think he did some cool stuff in the Matrix, and would like to have 1/10th of his abilities.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Well wasn't that another kick in the teeth we didn't need.

This has to be some sort of record of injured players 1 game into the season as well doesn't it?