• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2022

Wilson

David Codey (61)
I worry that there is no strike in that side. Need to bring someone in that can change a game or make the opposition at least have to plan around their skill set.

I think there's some hope that Tonumaipea or Vudogo will offer that, but they still seem a ways off doing it at super level. Alternatively you could try again with Pama Fou, he looked powerful and dangerous for the Sevens earlier this year and you'd have to think the Olympics will be his last tournament.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Just saw the awards night video sent to the members where they thanked the leaving players.

Marika Koroibete
Isi Naisarani
Dane Haylett-Penny
Scott Cummins
Fronk Lomani
Ed Craig

Blackadder

Desmond Connor (43)
Just saw the awards night video sent to the members where they thanked the leaving players.

Marika Koroibete
Isi Naisarani
Dane Haylett-Penny
Scott Cummins
Fronk Lomani
Ed Craig

A few experienced players going. Looking forward to seeing who the Rebels sign to replace them.

I will miss seeing Koroibete smashing down the sidelines.

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
I am not too fussed, I look forward to see who we signed but outside of Marika there is no big loses Naisarani is one but I feel Leota will fill that gap especially with Phillip coming into the the starting line up to lock with Hosea

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
As per Rebels comms

DHP - ???? Most likely Japan but love to see him at the Force
Naisarani - Japan (confirmed)
Koroibete - Japan (confirmed)
Pincus - retiring (joining Melbourne Rebels partner on a professional basis)
Cummins - France (Pau)
Lomani - Fiji (I presume Drua)

27 players from this year will be retained for next season.

Be interesting to see what Chibba and Tuttle do with rumours floating around.

New signing and re-signing in the coming weeks. I’m hearing potentially some more Japan returned players but with the squad been away and now the season over hard to getting any concrete info for a while.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Koroibete - Japan (confirmed)
Pincus - retiring (joining Melbourne Rebels partner on a professional basis)

What does this mean? Like he's going to be a Yakult salesman?

New signing and re-signing in the coming weeks. I’m hearing potentially some more Japan returned players but with the squad been away and now the season over hard to getting any concrete info for a while.
So Aus based players in Japan:
Pat Tafa, Sam Jeffries, Stolberg, Genia, Cooper, Jed Brown, Fakaosilea, Paddy Ryan, Gill, Lealifiano, Rangi, Matt Lucas, Joe Tomane, Isaac Lucas, Ha'angana, Heenan, Gunter, Tupou, Talakai, Hockings, McMahon, Smiler, Kerevi, Will Chambers, Holloway, Greene, Ngamanu, Vui.
Not many outside backs. Don't know if Tomane still has pace. Don't need a backrower. Kerevi would be nice but probably can't afford him. Lucas x 2? Tupou would be good. Maybe Ngamanu? He's young.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
A few experienced players going. Looking forward to seeing who the Rebels sign to replace them.

I will miss seeing Koroibete smashing down the sidelines.

Isi Naisarani - we have good depth in the loose forwards Leota, Wells, Hardwick, Kemeny, Wilkin (no to exactly replace with what isi offers but no the end of the world)
Dane Haylett-Penny - Played half a season in 2 yrs Hodge to blossom
Scott Cummins - Philip in is a big gain
Fronk Lomani - He was never going to get 9 ahead of joey & good luck to him heading for 2023
Ed Craig - 3rd string hopefully can find a young player to blood.
Marika Koroibete - Yeah we are completely up sh*t creek without a paddle

Blackadder

Desmond Connor (43)
Isi Naisarani - we have good depth in the loose forwards Leota, Wells, Hardwick, Kemeny, Wilkin (no to exactly replace with what isi offers but no the end of the world)
Dane Haylett-Penny - Played half a season in 2 yrs Hodge to blossom
Scott Cummins - Philip in is a big gain
Fronk Lomani - He was never going to get 9 ahead of joey & good luck to him heading for 2023
Ed Craig - 3rd string hopefully can find a young player to blood.
Marika Koroibete - Yeah we are completely up sh*t creek without a paddle

Yeah I am liking what I see at the rebels. Maybe a hard running outside back and a strong coach to strengthen the team. Another lock would also be nice.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Yeah I am liking what I see at the rebels. Maybe a hard running outside back and a strong coach to strengthen the team. Another lock would also be nice.

if you have thrown out a line to go fishing congrats you got me, :mad: it makes me mad lol

1. Arnold
2. Skelton
3. Rodda
4. PHILIP
5. LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto)
6. HOSEA

But jokes & bias aside I know 5 SRAU teams that could do with another quality lock

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
if you have thrown out a line to go fishing congrats you got me, :mad: it makes me mad lol

1. Arnold
2. Skelton
3. Rodda
4. PHILIP
5. LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto)
6. HOSEA

But jokes & bias aside I know 5 SRAU teams that could do with another quality lock
Personally I would back the kid in the junior wallabies. We still have RPH who can come off the bench and cover at lock or we could bring a back rower on and move Leota to lock

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Personally I would back the kid in the junior wallabies. We still have RPH who can come off the bench and cover at lock or we could bring a back rower on and move Leota to lock

That post was me just putting out there we have very talented locks & IMO 2 of the best 6 australian locks playing around the world atm.

You would think RHP & Nowlan will play 19 most of the season & hopefully Canham gets a few runs.