• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels v Brumbies Super Rugby 2015 Rnd 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
uDZeLSd.png

Forearm straight across the face. Anyway, it's probably one of those ones where we're both seeing what we want to see.

Ah, come on now. The angle of Jones' head makes it impossible to see if and where contact was made.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Luke Jones has dead set head butted Vaea's forearm with the point of his nose. He's lucky he didn't get red carded and suspended for six weeks!

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
These things happen in rugby. It is a contact sport after all. At worst it is a bit of carelessness. Time to move on.

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
I think from that angle it doesn't look good. The other side shows his hand getting him high on the chest, maybe neck, but it doesn't impact the nose.

m8. I will fight you.

He swings his arm around in a successful attempt to wrap the ball. On the way through he catches Jones' nose. I don't think anyone is saying it was malicious, but it was a swinging arm in a tackle that resulted in an injury. If it happened in open play a ref would normally have a second look at it.

But then defenders are given huge leeway to do all kinds of illegal shit when they're attempting to save tries. And, as I mentioned above, Walsh was taking a very casual attitude towards high shots all game so it shouldn't be too surprising that he let it go.

Status
Not open for further replies.