• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels v Cheetahs, 22 April @ AAMI Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

OneOrThree

Herbert Moran (7)
I read this morning on the Union Live app's news feed that Ellison may miss the game as he wife is overdue with their fourth. If so, Sione to step into 12 - who to the bench then?

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
I think we should stick with a more conventional 4-3 split. We are slightly weakened int the backline, so depth there will be important.

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
Why is Hodge playing 13 with Sefa on the wing? This team does so much weird shit.

Whatever, it's good to see Colby back at least. He's been missed.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Fucks sake.

Think we need to be talking with the British and Irish Clubs about bringing someone over. Bottom 8 in both leagues have their last games on the ~7th of May, so there'd be enough time.

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Fucks sake.

Think we need to be talking with the British and Irish Clubs about bringing someone over. Bottom 8 in both leagues have their last games on the ~7th of May, so there'd be enough time.
Bring in Stacey Ili - worth a run after his NRC effort.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Bring in Stacey Ili - worth a run after his NRC effort.

While you're not wrong, if we could bring in a Super Rugby Standard player, even just on a 12 week loan (Say, Maitland or Tikoirotuma from London Irish, or a number of others), I think it would be a good thing for our season.

Could of course be that nobody would want to, or it could be exorbitantly expensive. But a few not-nots named did pop into my head, and they would potentially be looking to offload a few players being in the Championship for next season, and those boys would probably like to put their name in the shop window.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Oh, another Queenslander playing for the Rebels. Waiting for Reg to fire up....

michael jackson popcorn.jpg

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Happy enough with that. We were always light on going into the season for playmakers if any two of Hodge, Harris, Hawkins and Hdebreczeni (the H is silent) went down, and we've spent good periods with just that happening.

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
Is he the ranga who was tossed to the wolves a few years back? If he's the one I'm thinking of the times really are pretty desperate.

G

galumay

Hodge has been one of the few things to like about the rebels this year, he is developing nicely. Still a bit rough round the edges and prone to a few mistakes and misreads but has real potential i reckon.

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
This has been an exciting end to the half. Bad luck with that last strike but Rebels should feel a bit of a momentum shift. 10-14 Cheetahs

AFL_Converted

Billy Sheehan (19)
Is there a positivity pledge for this game I missed. Even the serial rebels bagga Galamuy had something positive to say. That mas the worst shyte we have served up for a while. There is no tempo in us and the cheetahs have been woeful. We should be 20 up if we play to potential. It seems like which team will not lose. Thank God's for our front row, McMahon, Hodge and Sega. The rest really need to step up.

I am going to resort to the bar to get me through the next half but let's hope it is the half we actually play.

Status
Not open for further replies.