• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels v Drua @ AAMI Park 25/03 7.45pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thalium

Fred Wood (13)
I think this is the first week the injury list has been on the team announcement.
I would say this is because the coach is rolling out the excuses now as currently unless the Rebels put in a game of the year performance they look like getting steamrolled by a Drua team that looks fast and deadly

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
I would say this is because the coach is rolling out the excuses now as currently unless the Rebels put in a game of the year performance they look like getting steamrolled by a Drua team that looks fast and deadly
Thalium funnily enough the first time we played Fijian Drua on the day of the game Rebels members received an email from our Chairman.

Part of the tone of email was "we don't use injuries as an excuse but ..."

It was definitely setting expectations that we might lose that game to the Drua, which we did.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Unfortunately for the Rebels I think they will not be able to keep up the pace with the Drua and the faster it gets the more excited the Drua get as it becomes more and more like sevens. The Force struggled to keep pace with the Drua and we’re lucky to steal it in the end by reverting back to maintaining possession and they went 23 phases before getting the penalty.
The only chance for the Rebels to win is if they maintain possession and slow the game down like the Brumbies, Reds and Waratahs do. No silly cut out passes and just keep hitting up and driving forward if leota returns this will help.
Kicking away possession I feel will be instantly punished by an excited and improving Drua
I’ve tipped Drua by 10
Yes I was at the drua vs force game at Leichhardt and I noted the force struggled to contain the speed of the drua attack and think the rebels will as well. The rebels should not have lost the last game against the drua but now with drua rapidly improving and killer speed and threat in attack I actually think the drua favoured to win this one. Although rebels improved last week so some positive green shoot finally emerging there but gees there injury run also continues.

Last edited:

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Thalium funnily enough the first time we played Fijian Drua on the day of the game Rebels members received an email from our Chairman.

Part of the tone of email was "we don't use injuries as an excuse but ..."

It was definitely setting expectations that we might lose that game to the Drua, which we did.
There was still no excuse for losing that game...but will cut them some slack for injuries though...I thought last weeks performance more where they need to be even if they lost. Got to be about the performance first and the results (eventually) will come. With injury toll probably even more the case.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Entertaining start to the game. Rebels looking better but only 10 minutes in, so we'll see. Funnily enough the players who need to have a better game are standing up in Uelese, Hodge, Kellaway & Philip.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Great first half from the Rebels. Fitting it's the first home game I don't go to.

Also great to see Maciu Vosa on the telly, amazing to see him smiling and enjoying the game.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
I know the Tuttle is behind a much more dominant pack than Powell has been dealing with but hoping Joey doesn't get on till the 76th minute.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Wilkin & Hardwick are gonna get picked by some middling English Premiership side in some middling English city and become their talismanic flanker that their fans are obsessed with. we’ll forever be ruing how we could let them go as they get paid 3x Aus wages to freeze in a small bleak concrete ice box of a stadium situated next to a major motorway.

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
Wilkin & Hardwick are gonna get picked by some middling English Premiership side in some middling English city and become their talismanic flanker that their fans are obsessed with. we’ll forever be ruing how we could let them go as they get paid 3x Aus wages to freeze in a small bleak concrete ice box of a stadium situated next to a major motorway.
It's a tough position to hold good super rugby to international backup level talent in when we keep producing once in a generation talents at a rate just a bit more often than a generation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom