• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels v Force @ AAMI Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
11 points left out on the field. Sloppy handling. Shocking kicking. No cohesion at all.

Regardless of that shockingly incompetent performance from the ref, we did not deserve to win that match.

AFL_Converted

Ted Thorn (20)
Well that was as frustrating as the lions game. I don't think the force deserves to win but we lost it in our passing. Too slow too loopy and apart from the short ball inside too predictable.

abcde

Peter Burge (5)
That'd be an easy game to swallow if it was a quality performance, being a Rebs fan, except it was a horrible game. Not the best send-off performance by Higgers, PAE played well for a last hit out. Veainu showed why he deserved more chances throughout the year.

Force weren't much better, and I just gotta say that Hodgo is just an absolute grub of a player, which is also hard to swallow because he definitely did his job well where it mattered, the reason for the last-play disruption

Oh well, bring on the RC already

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Can't believe that Hodgeson wants to build on that. We were abysmal, but we left 11 points on the field, whereas they took every points opportunity they got. Not good for him.

Blokes need longer studs too.

AFL_Converted

Ted Thorn (20)
Found it pretty funny that's the style of rugby Hodgo is happy to build on. No it gets you no where.
I dunno. I don't think they can do much less so building is all you can do.

Force fans, I take my hat off to you. If that is what foleybhasbplanned for you all season then you must be the most devoted fans in the world to keep comming back weekbaftwr week. Rebels could have been better tonight but at least we had some rugby to cheer.

Yes I'm frustrated, particularly the poor reffing of the breakdown

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
WTF has happened to Harris' kicking?

As much as anything his really poor kicking overall lost the Rebels a match that would have and should have sealed the team's confidence going into 2016.

On the contrary the fragile end vibe is possibly now one of - 'with Higgers gone, 2016 may be no better'.

I say that as I've greatly enjoyed the Rebels gradual progress in 2015. Just really disappointed they could not overcome 'the wall of total boringness and deathly dullness' that is the Foley-coached Force.

Jockbok

Frank Row (1)
Man, I'm home now and still seething.

The Rebels blew that. The Force had a limited gameplan and stuck to it.

I have never been totally convinced by Debreczeni at 10. Such a pity that Hegarty was played out of position and was injured early on. He should have come off the bench to add a little composure at 10.

However, it is obvious before tonight that Harris cannot kick for points from any distance much beyond the 22. And yet that was what he was asked to do. His kicking from inside the 22 is not too flash either. His successful pen in the 2nd half would have missed if it was another 5m back. The ball never seems to sound good coming off his foot. He reminds me so much of Kenny Logan for Scotland back in the late 90s.

Time for a dram.

M

Moono75

Well that was as frustrating as the lions game. I don't think the force deserves to win but we lost it in our passing. Too slow too loopy and apart from the short ball inside too predictable.

and you dropped it a lot....but yeah you deserved it

D

daz

Well, rather than supporters of both teams trade barbs, can we all agree that it was a shit game of rugby played by both sides, neither of whom are finals worthy and have lots of improvement to do over the summer?

And SANZAR needs a full list of proper refs, rather than some of the pond-scum that currently carry a whistle?

Yes, I think we can agree to all of that.

Super Rugby done for 2015. See you when the RC starts.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
I say that as I've greatly enjoyed the Rebels gradual progress in 2015. Just really disappointed they could not overcome 'the wall of total boringness and deathly dullness' that is the Foley-coached Force.

It really is an embarrasment to Australian rugby. Surely the public of Perth aren't going to be won over to rugby by this stuff. It really is the most appalling, negative, boring and frustrating style of play. Not only that, by 20% of the professional rugby players in this country are being held back by this rubbish. How can anyone who has spent 6 months being coached in this way be expected to play test rugby for a Tier 1 nation? The Brumbies have a forward based game at the moment, but their game is high tempo and they actually do something with the ball when they have it.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Well, rather than supporters of both teams trade barbs, can we all agree that it was a shit game of rugby played by both sides, neither of whom are finals worthy and have lots of improvement to do over the summer?

And SANZAR needs a full list of proper refs, rather than some of the pond-scum that currently carry a whistle?

Yes, I think we can agree to all of that.

Super Rugby done for 2015. See you when the RC starts.

Andrew Lees isn't up to Shute Shield standard. He's just as bad and out of his depth when he performs there. This was more of the same. The guy is just totally inept. How he is even considered to referee at super level boggles the mind.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
The calls didn't go our way tonight. For what it's worth the Force offered the most dire and unambitious approach to rugby that I've seen.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
But yeah, end of the season and now we can all bury the hatchet and focus on beating the Darkness, the Jaapies, the Argies, Welsh and the fucking soap dodgers. I hate the fucking soap dodgers.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

HighPlainsDrifter

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Mike Harris's kicking didn't bother me so much ... it has been the meltdown of his general play in recent weeks . I think Stirzaker and Debrecini also have come off the boil as well , I was hoping Stirzy would be a bolter for the RWC but he length of time he was taking at the scrum and ruck seemed far to pedestrian whilst Debrecini squandered plenty of distance with his clearances under minimal pressure . The ref seemed to encourage a free for all at the ruck and offside enforcement non-existent . The Force's application should have come as no surprise to the Rebels . Hodgson did nothing for me in this match and possibly has been playing his way out of RWC contention . For mine I would think the train on candidates for the RC/RWC would be Higgers , McMahon , Jones , PAE .....and maybe Toby Smith ... despite a try last week I just feel Timani struggles under the work load required and has gone missing in defence at times . For the Force it is hard for the backs to shine given the boring method of play , Goodwin may be a chance , The Honey Badger seems to have lost some mojo but is forever willing , Cottrell seemed abrasive enough ...What happened to Coleman ? Was looking forward to seeing him . In the end I didn't think any team deserved the win - what an empty feeling .

Reactions: Tex
Status
Not open for further replies.