• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels v Highlanders Rd 20

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
After watching the Highlanders game last week all I am going to say is this could be a high scoring affair.

Can't predict the Rebels back line.

Delve, Robinson, Vuna, JOC (James O'Connor), Phipps last week with the club.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
It'll be a funny old game, methinks. A total dead-rubber, but one each struggling team will see as an opportunity to finish a poor year on a positive note.

I'll be interested to see what role JOC (James O'Connor) plays. I get the feeling he was never our first choice flyhalf, but Damian accommodated Dingo's plans and gave him as many opportunities as he could to nail down some experience.

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
J'Oc should be made to carry the drinks

He can be in charge of the supplements. I hear he favours Nature's Own, or some other proud sponsor of some random team.

I don't know whether I can make it to this game. Scheduled to finish work at 7pm (basically at Tulla airport). Kick off 7:30pm? Don't think I can be bothered.

jermano

Ted Fahey (11)
I don't know whether I can make it to this game. Scheduled to finish work at 7pm (basically at Tulla airport). Kick off 7:30pm? Don't think I can be bothered.

Be Bothered. Last game until Feb, both teams a chance to win. Hopefully it should be a good one. Also Kiwi teams always add a couple of thousand to the crowd (no stats to back this up) so great atmosphere at AAMI.
Gareth Delve in his last game. He was The Rebels for me 2012.
Cooper, Ged, Nick, Tim and Richard will be missed and will be playing or in attendance, these guys are legends.
Finally D. Hill, the last couple of months have led me to love this guy as a coach. Would have loved 1 more year.

Rebels by 6 in a 10 try spectacle

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Like I said in other forums I'll put a pint on the fact that JOC (James O'Connor) will have an injured heart string for this match and will not play. Anyone willing to that that bet can redeem it any any Pub along in the general AAMI park vicinity.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
With the match involving a NZ team and the leaving of some loved players I'd sad we'd nudge 15,000.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Rebels team named:

1. Nic Henderson
2. Ged Robinson
3. Laurie Weeks
4. Hugh Pyle
5. Cadeyrn Neville
6. Jarrod Saffy
7. Scott Fuglistaller
8. Gareth Delve (c)
9. Nick Phipps
10. Bryce Hegarty
11. Cooper Vuna
12. Rory Sidey
13. Tom English
14. Jason Woodward
15. Angus Roberts

16. Shota Horie
17. Paul Alo-Emile
18. Luke Jones
19. Jordy Reid
20. Nic Stirzaker
21. James O'Connor
22. Kimami Sitauti

Odds on JOC (James O'Connor) getting time only if needed as an injury replacement?

199madmave

Ward Prentice (10)
JOC (James O'Connor) on the bench!! What is the bet he will pull a hammy at training and not play on Friday night?

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Would have started Sitauti on the wing and kept Woodward at full back. Prefer Jones over Neville this season.

Didn't realize Inman broke his hand against the Lions.

Is Super rugby 23 man squad's next season? I think having a whole front row on the bench is actually a good thing.

D

daz

Make no mistake; for the Rebels faithful, this is going to be an emotional game in more ways than one.

The boys will get over the line for this one.

And then we all get to sit around wondering what to do with our lives until February 2014.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Put a line through Beale. He's staying in Sydney to continue his off field program.

You can't surely be serious?!

He was deemed fit to play in a crucial home Test series, but now must re-enter re-hab and is thus not fit for a single final S15 game?

I always thought his entire 'KB (Kurtley Beale)'s Wallaby recovery' as 'national treasure' was a ludicrous process that in truth did nothing whatsoever for Beale's real recovery, but this news just takes the cake and exposes the sham-ness of the entire charade.

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
You can't surely be serious?!

He was deemed fit to play in a crucial home Test series, but now must re-enter re-hab and is thus not fit for a single final S15 game?

maybe they deemed the 4am burger run, and 5:30 Iguana Bar issues as "falling off the Wagon"?

Status
Not open for further replies.