• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels v Reds, 27 June @ AAMI Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
great win by queensland b in defeating queensland c ! :p
has benny lucas re-signed? always rated that guy since forever. great to see frisby displaying what queensland suporters have all along been praising about him.

Agree with you re Benny. He had a very workman like game at flyhalf. Admittedly he was behind a pack going forward.
QC (Quade Cooper) would have enjoyed been out there.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Liam Gill very good last night off the bench. Good signs for him looking towards the RC and EOYT. Kev also near his best. Otherwise, a meh game all round, but that could well have been the effect of the weather.

T

Train Without a Station

I thought Gill's biggest issues were only over enthusiasm. Saw him fly into rucks and miss targets once or twice. The sort of thing that you'll do when you are eager as fuck, but will settle out pretty quick once you are playing regularly

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Isn't Gill out of TRC and EOYT due to being in the 7s squad?

Good game from Kev, though. he was everywhere and with impact.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
MOM - Horwill by a longshot - he was back to his best - playing like that consistently will make it hard for Link not to pick him in run-on team. He was everywhere, running tackling etc - really pleasant surprise but Kev knew he was under pressure (whether a heap of posters agree or not) and the sign of a true champion is to perform under that pressure. He did that.

The boys looked like they enjoyed the game.

Thought Lucas was very good and Frisby good as well - except for the brain snap - Kev would have reemed him out for that.

Our bench scrummies were pretty average but out lineouts great.

Great win - just what we needed. - some confidence with 2 to go. The Tahs will be a little nervous, I would imagine

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
The break did Kev some good. Here's hoping he plays this way all the time. Although the rebels were bad

Sent from my HTC_0P6A1 using Tapatalk

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Best thing to be said about the Rebels was the effectiveness of their bench front row. Alo-Emile is looking good at THP. Shota was immense.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
I thought Gill's biggest issues were only over enthusiasm. Saw him fly into rucks and miss targets once or twice. The sort of thing that you'll do when you are eager as fuck, but will settle out pretty quick once you are playing regularly

Didn't he ever, silly stuff... Lucky not to get pinned.

T

Train Without a Station

Just a little too keen. Better than too passive I say.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Rebels jersey looked like a 3 flavour Colgate toothpaste pack. 3 Flavours in one..no one ends up happy.

I mean absolutely no offence to the intent of the jersey but it looked like 15 clones of Bobo The Clown running around.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
I sincerely hope you bastards in Melbourne haven't played the Reds back into form. A firing Reds team is exactly what the Force and Tahs DON'T want in their quests for finals spots. :mad:

No offence meant Lindo as I don't mind the Reds knocking off the Tahs but the thought of us killing off the Force's finals hopes has me conflicted. Deep down I really want the Force to grab that finals berth to cap off a real bloody admirable season for them. They arguably have the most loyal fans in Australia and I think they deserve it too.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
No offence meant Lindo as I don't mind the Reds knocking off the Tahs but the thought of us killing off the Force's finals hopes has me conflicted. Deep down I really want the Force to grab that finals berth to cap off a real bloody admirable season for them. They arguably have the most loyal fans in Australia and I think they deserve it too.
Nah, I am happy for the Reds to win if they are good enough. Finals spots have to be earnt.

Last night (to me) showed how much the rest of the team have been bludging on Genia and Cooper. Without them calling the shots the boys showed what they can do when they step up and play. Let's hope they do the same in 2015 when Cooper and Genia are back rather than defaulting back to them having to try and make all the play.

Status
Not open for further replies.