• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels v Reds Friday 15 April

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
We get cranky with players when they take contracts to other teams for "not showing loyalty", but somehow it's a problem the Reds and Rugby Australia have shown 'loyalty' and 'faith' in someone they perceive has having talent?
Those scales can tip quickly depending on current talent and performance. Don’t get all caught up with loyalty.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
We get cranky with players when they take contracts to other teams for "not showing loyalty", but somehow it's a problem the Reds and Rugby Australia have shown 'loyalty' and 'faith' in someone they perceive has having talent?
he also turned down some pretty crazy overseas offers to stay with the Reds.. Wasn't just the Reds showing loyalty in this contacts.

I'm glad he re-signed with the Reds and remained in Australia, a point of difference player..

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Personally... if we are talking over hyped... I think young Petaia is.... and injury prone... at least you could argue Sunivalu was a solid player for the Storm in a tougher game.. has been unlucky since switching, but agree he does need to start earning his cash...
Petiaia had a shocking run of injuries but for what I see I don’t think over hyped as he is good on his feet and talented with ball in hand. I think moreso just needs time in one position and to be injury free. Given hammy in last game it seems being injury free the biggest challenge but that is not exactly his fault.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Reg, I’m not the only one in the broader rugby community outside of QLD.There are many with VERY rose coloured glasses in the QLD camp ATM. I’m not sure if some think the positive talk will overshadow the reality.
I don't agree with the assessment of Petaia, but I do agree with the sentiment being expressed here.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Pot. Kettle. Black.
Wamb, in case you haven't noticed, some Reds fans here turn almost any and every thread into a discussion of the next big thing to come out of the Hospital Cup. Names that nobody else has ever heard of suddenly appear in threads about the Force, Tahs, rebels and Brumbies, but especially in the Wallabies threads.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Wamb, in case you haven't noticed, some Reds fans here turn almost any and every thread into a discussion of the next big thing to come out of the Hospital Cup. Names that nobody else has ever heard of suddenly appear in threads about the Force, Tahs, rebels and Brumbies, but especially in the Wallabies threads.

Give us some of samples BR. Cmon. I dare you.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)

Nah, I haven't noticed. On the other hand I have noticed that followers of a franchise not far from you are, to put it kindly, a little bit biased.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
There is old Derps calling young Donaldson a ‘Shitshow’, one of the worst Waratah 10‘s ever and that he should go back to 4th grade!! Think that is the best by a country mile!
I think Petaia is a Super rugby player... just not convinced of the high praise he constantly receives considering his inconsistency.... played for Wallabies way too early in my opinion... I hope he develops to reach his potential...
He is absolutely the most overrated player in the Tahs squad. Id have Edmed and Harrison well ahead of him. And i'll keep saying it every time you bring it up - hopefully you can rub a few of those braincells together and think up some new talking points though.

Interesting take, that, considering Petaia was our best back on the field against England in the world cup, outside Koroibete - back when the kid was like 19. Certainly compared to the crap that the experienced Beale managed to put out.

Last edited:

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
He is absolutely the most overrated player in the Tahs squad. Id have Edmed and Harrison well ahead of him. And i'll keep saying it every time you bring it up - hopefully you can rub a few of those braincells together and think up some new talking points though.

Interesting take, that, considering Petaia was our best back on the field against England in the world cup, outside Koroibete - back when the kid was like 19. Certainly compared to the crap that the experienced Beale managed to put out.
Not a chance. Donaldson is a flyhalf, Edmed is a centre and Harrison can be a glider between fullback and back up flyhalf.

Petaia is a talent. We are just waiting to see an injury free and consistent version of him. Petaia 2.0 if you would prefer.

Lightblue

Arch Winning (36)

Let’s agree to differ because I personally think Harrison has been the most talked up Waratah for the past 2 years... not a great 10 ....runs when he should pass, kicks when he should pass... and I WON’T keep saying it because I think all the young players are still learning their craft.
Rennie and Coleman obviously disagree with you, so we can just leave it at that.
I think Petaia definitely has great talent however he still needs to get the silly stuff out of his game and I hope his injury woes don’t continue for him.
He could be a great fullback as I think he played a lot of his schoolboy rugby there as well.
Time will tell.
Let’s just keep it positive.

Lightblue

Arch Winning (36)
Does this count towards Petaia too or just NSW players?
I think I made it clear that I want to see Petaia do well. He is a talent. He can claim the 15 jersey if he really wants it because if Banks goes onto Japan for that amazing cash, I don’t want to see Beale back there as I think he is past his best. Although O’Connor and Cooper have shown amazing maturity in the back end of their careers.
I think we all want to see Aussie rugby go well?

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
32k turned up to the Gabba to watch the Lions and the Pies on Thursday night though.......
Victoria and there lockdowns have meant everyone wants to get away.

Even the biggest AFL crowd in Melbourne is down compared to other Easter rounds.

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

Why does a Qld ref get a Qld game in Melbourne and. NSW red get a NSW game in Perth?

surely the flights could have been booked the other way to have neutrality

Status
Not open for further replies.