• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

REBELS v STORMERS RD 14

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
So what do the Rebels have install for us this week? We are 0 from 11 against SA opponents and really need to get that 1 win against them here.

JOC (James O'Connor) out, will Beale be back?

How many try's will this match have for 80 minutes, Rebels managed to open the Stormers defense up last season and can hopefully do the same this time round, just need to stop the first couple being scored against to have a chance.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
This must be the one you can win surely, the defence has been poor but the Stormers can't exploit this like the other teams. You should be aiming for them to score 2 tries max. You guys can score 2. Just be disciplined and physical and you'll win this one.

jermano

Ted Fahey (11)
With KB (Kurtley Beale) and JOC (James O'Connor) (assuming both will be elsewhere next year) out it would be the perfect opportunity to bench Phipps and run on Stirzaker. Run the backine we finished with last week.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk 2

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
It'd be great to see Stirzaker start. He's been nothing if not patient these last two seasons, especially as the bloke in front on him hasn't regularly played the house down.

I posted this in the Rebels thread but it probably belonged here. Jones should be given the task of marking Etzebeth all night. He seems to lough the hard stuff and Etzebeth is like a young Bakkies in that regard.

If it happens I'd wager there'd be fisticuffs by half time - both look like they have more balls than brains!

sammy3191

Bob McCowan (2)
If the Rebels play for 80 minutes and if they play rugby like they have in the past couple of weeks we could sneak a win.
Eventhoigh the Stormers have lost a couple of front line players they won't rollover, they'll play hard and fast rugby and the Rebels forwards are going to need to counter their forwards strength otherwise they'll roll over us.

D

daz

I think the boys will get the choccy's this week. They are attacking extremely well, and have scored a 4 try bonus point for the last 2 weeks. They just need to get the 11/12/13 defensive communications sorted.

Rebels by 3.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
if so we are done. too much class in the stormer backline
Agree about the strength in their backline, but I disagree about the impact of losing Vuna. He's hardly set the world on fire this season in attack or defence. English has looked solid on his wing and I guess Mitchell will slot in. He offers less threat one-on-one in attack but he runs hard and hits holes.

Losing KB (Kurtley Beale) was a real blow. It's going to be a big ask for Bryce to direct traffic against the Stormers brick wall defence for the full 80. If him or Woodward goes down we are officially up the creek!

Who's left on the roster that can play 5/8? Phipps?

Rassie

Trevor Allan (34)
Stormers 2010 with Burger and a thing called quick ball

And how I wish Naqelevuki hanged around

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
exactly - we are up agains the most brutal D in the comp. one injury and we're done.
we will have to play very quick ball and get it wide and have our forwards roving in pods to maintain quick ball. anywhere near their forwards and it'll be a tough ask.

Rassie

Trevor Allan (34)
Teams have worked the Stormers out. Just do not kick it to them. Keep it in hand or when you kick kick it out. Do not kick it down their throats that is their best source of attack.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
I reckon they'll play all three tall locks to try to make headway at the lineout. Bekker and Etzebeth are pillars, but playing Pyle, Neville, Jones and Higginbotham would give us a fighting chance.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
The Stormers losing Elstadt and Vermeulen should weaken their forward pack as well.
Personally I think it will strengthen us. For some reason Coetzee cant get it that you need a loose trio as a combo with different type of players. Since the start of the season he picked the same old same 6-8. This will bring in Carr and just maybe Fourie on the flank and will make a massive differense providing turn overs and quick ball from the rucks. The Stormers will be desperate and hungry, bonus point win for the good guys. Stormers by 15+.

Status
Not open for further replies.