• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels v Waratahs 2015 Super Rugby Rd 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hans

Fred Wood (13)
Yes. Hoiles is the replacement. No word on the bench change yet.

Disappointing to lose Cliff. Hopefully it is just the single week. Might give Tala Gray or Jed Holloway an opportunity soon though.

Jed is definitely there or there about's, but would love to see Tala dominate a Gen Blue game before throwing him up a level as an enforcer. Similar to my views on Betham, he played pretty poorly last week and is getting promoted, would rather see them step up in the B game before letting them loose on the A Game.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Jed is definitely there or there about's, but would love to see Tala dominate a Gen Blue game before throwing him up a level as an enforcer. Similar to my views on Betham, he played pretty poorly last week and is getting promoted, would rather see them step up in the B game before letting them loose on the A Game.

Not confirmed that Betham has been promoted. He's just part of the 25 going to Melbourne (now 24 although not sure they'll send another replacement now that Cliff is out).

We will always travel with more than the matchday 23 for precisely the issue that has happened. Someone pulling out the day before (or day of) the game.

I agree that it sounded like the Gen Blue performance was very disappointing last week and we need those players to improve who are wanting to play Super Rugby this year.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Will be Cutch straight onto the bench won't it? Dennis to 8 if things go wonky.

They could also shift back to the 5:3 bench option by bringing Betham onto the bench.

I agree with you though and think they'll stick to 6:2 with Cutch joining the bench.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
burgess only change to starting XV

1. Toby Smith (Rebel #60, 14 Rebels Caps)
2. Pat Leafa (Rebel #57, 19 Rebels Caps)
3. Laurie Weeks (Rebel #19, 54 Rebels Caps)
4. Luke Jones (Rebel #32, 47 Rebels Caps)
5. Lopeti Timani (Rebel #69, 3 Rebels Caps)
6. Sean McMahon (Rebel #62, 14 Rebels Caps)
7. Colby Fainga’a (Rebel #65, 16 Rebels Caps)
8. Scott Higginbotham (Rebel #46, 30 Rebels Caps)
9. Luke Burgess (Rebel #56, 17 Rebels Caps)
10. Jack Debreczeni (Rebel #71, 6 Rebels Caps)
11. Tom English (Rebel #50, 26 Rebels Caps)
12. Mitch Inman (Rebel #35, 45 Rebels Caps)
13. Tamati Ellison (Rebel #62, 16 Rebels Caps)
14. Dom Shipperley (Rebel #75, 1 Rebels Cap)
15. Mike Harris (Rebel #76, 1 Rebels Cap)
Reserves:
16. Ben Whittaker (0 Rebels Caps)*
17. Cruze Ah-Nau (Rebel #59, 12 Rebels Caps)
18. Paul Alo-Emile (Rebel #44, 36 Rebels Caps)
19. Sam Jeffries (Rebel #74, 1 Rebels Cap)
20. Scott Fuglistaller (Rebel #45, 33 Rebels Caps)
21. Ben Meehan (Rebel #67, 7 Rebels Caps)
22. Bryce Hegarty (Rebel #54, 22 Rebels Caps)
23. Sefanaia Naivalu (Rebel #77, 1 Rebels Cap)
* Denotes Rebels debut

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Yeah smashed the Cheetahs, then TT thought it'd be fine to modify half the side for the next round. All went downhill from there...

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Before last week Luke Jones had 48 super rugby caps before the game against the Crusaders. Now only 47, looks like who ever did the player profiles stuffed up.

Only one change, amazing. Rebels by 13

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
Probably confused Rebels caps and Super Rugby caps, the Lions games have seen more then a few people confused.

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
I meant the person who did the player profiles was probably confused by the lions games. For what it's worth the correct number looks to be 47 super caps (2 at the Force, 45 at the Rebels) with this week being his 48th. Not sure what the number is for Rebels caps, aside from the B&I Lions game I'm not sure what extras they count.

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
I think Luke Jones has 48 Super caps (46 Rebels + 2 Force), he has 47 Rebels caps. So this week will be his 49th Super cap, 48th Rebels cap and 47th Super cap for Rebels.

So assuming he stays fit in the space of three weeks he will reach his 50th Super cap, 50th Rebels cap and 50th Super cap for Rebels.

AFAIK the only other cap Rebels have recognised is v B & I Lions. Not sure what else constitutes a cap.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Game day, hope everyone is feeling as pumped as I am for rugby in Melbourne.

My last appointment for the day can't come quick enough.

Reactions: daz

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Waratahs Bench confirmed:

16 Latu
17 Tilse
18 Ryan
19 Lousi
20 Chapman
21 McCutcheon
22 McKibbin
23 Betham

Hoiles into run on squad for Palu who has a dickey knee. No Carraro in the 23.

Hans

Fred Wood (13)
Very harsh on Carraro, as Betham was exceptionally ordinary against the Brumby runners last week! Lets hope it was blowing out the cobwebs only

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
Very harsh on Carraro, as Betham was exceptionally ordinary against the Brumby runners last week! Lets hope it was blowing out the cobwebs only

The Rebels have always struggled against pace out wide. Carraro is a solid player but he's about as quick as Laurie Weeks.

Is Tala Gray injured? I loved his NRC.

Status
Not open for further replies.