• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels vs Brumbies, Friday 9 March AAMI Park, 7.30pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

Poor form from Mafi, turning it on trying to feign an injury from a light punch from Matt Lucas and carrying on like an idiot... please... that’s soccer crap

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
Ref clearly stated he changed his line to get in front of DHP, and I agree with that.

but surely if Speight is getting in DHP's way (which I think he's totally entitled to do) that makes it harder for DHP to make contact with muirhead? -- how does it provide any extenuating circumstance?

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Man this ref is wearing horse tinted glasses. Brumbies players off there feet at the breakdown. Intentional knock ons which should be yellows. Sealing off the ball. Sheaparding chasers all night. The Brumbies are really boring with the ball in hand.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
but surely if Speight is getting in DHP's way (which I think he's totally entitled to do) that makes it harder for DHP to make contact with muirhead? -- how does it provide any extenuating circumstance?

Last time I am responding to this.

What Speight did was borderline, much more and he's penalised. You can't purposely protect a guy taking ball from in front like that. Seriously, you see it penalised in kickoffs all the time.

He ran into DHP, DHP tried to run around him but was nudged, and giving DHP no chance of really avoiding the player having jumped with DHP's eyes always on the ball.

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
Oof, brumbies have fallen a fair way from favourites for the Australian conference at the start of the comp

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
Last time I am responding to this.

What Speight did was borderline, much more and he's penalised. You can't purposely protect a guy taking ball from in front like that. Seriously, you see it penalised in kickoffs all the time.

He ran into DHP, DHP tried to run around him but was nudged, and giving DHP no chance of really avoiding the player having jumped with DHP's eyes always on the ball.

Last time for me,

Wasn't a kickoff, both players are running towards a kicked ball with speight in front. Speight can run shoulder to shoulder or any line he chooses, DHP wraps his arms on Speight out of frustration and goes on to make contact with an airborne player unnecessarily.

Crashy

Arch Winning (36)
Rebels looking good. Crowd bigger than last week. Massive game vs tahs next sunday. 20k plus crowd guaranteed.

Simon.

Bob Loudon (25)
The Rebels' bench is outstanding - Koroibete, Ruru, Hardwick - all starting quality players in any other side.

This team should top the conference on what we've seen so far. Three games, three comprehensive wins.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Poor form from Mafi, turning it on trying to feign an injury from a light punch from Matt Lucas and carrying on like an idiot. please. that’s soccer crap

Cant work out why the simulation penalty wasn't called.

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
That was really really terrible. Can't think of a good thing to think about the Brumbies. I hope we're thinking of post Dan Mckellar because that day may/should come very soon.

Very happy for the Rebels. Having a team like that is great for OZ rugby.

Reactions: mst
Status
Not open for further replies.