• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels vs Brumbies RD2 SR2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pete King

Phil Hardcastle (33)
That's crazy, Jones has a massive workrate. Jones should play 6, Higginbotham 8. Drop Delve and Fugistaller to the bench and bring in Saffy.
have found Delve to be a bit pedestrian also. dont think saffy is a 7, more of a ball carrier then a scavenger/worker which you need with pyle, Higgers in the pack already. Sadly the rebels dont have a quality 7 and will be another reason they struggle all year

Purce

Jim Clark (26)
Who played at 12 when we won the trinations title? You are talking a load of shite. We've had success against NZ (and Nonu) with McCabe at 12. I'm not saying he is possibly the best Wallaby option but he's a good player. The W's have problems in the backs. 10,12 is an issue. Quade has been in poor form and Barnes didn't shine at 12 when given the opportunity last year. Taps had a good game against the Poms followed up by a lousy game against Wales. Other than Genia at 9, I believe the whole backline is up for grabs.

I've hit a nerve here haven't I... knew it would get one Brumbies supporter riled up. Since he began playing for the Wallabies at 12 in 2011 we have won 1 from 6 against the all blacks(16%) if you consider that success you really need to raise your bar a bit. Also I believe last time he played Nonu in a domestic competition the Blues pantsed the Brumbies to shunt them out of the finals race.... again not exactly success. So clearly I'm not talking a "load of shite"

Just because he has played at 12 in an international doesn't make him a international 12 STANDARD. He isn't an international 12 standard player... I'm not nor have I ever said he is a poor player just that he isn't a 12. Being able to run hard & straight as well as tackle someone who runs at you doesn't make you an international standard 12. He has a very limited passing/offload/kicking game and barely bends the line at international level. He is a very good winger and I imagine he could make a good 13 but he is not a 12 at the top level, he just doesn't have the skills required to play there. Hence the point I was making, and adding my input to the discussion as to where to put him in the brumbies, he shouldn't displace Lilo or To'omua at the Brumbies because he isn't good enough to replace them at 12. Like I said, the only jersey he should be wearing is 11,13 or 14.

Side note: Mowen was exceptional in the game on the weekend, as was Mogg.... hopefully the wallabies open their eyes a bit more this year and pick on form. To'omua also had a reasonable game. I'm a fan of the Brumbies 2nd rowers Fardy & Carter as well. Exciting season ahead me thinks...

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
The 1 game we won against the All Blacks in the last two years was the only game where our forwards got on top.

It seems pretty harsh and indeed completely wrong to blame our losses on not having more of a playmaker at 12.

If we were continually losing to the All Blacks behind a dominant forward pack then you'd probably have a point.

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
This isn't going to turn into a "McCabe at 12" debate is it? Hasn't this been done to death already?

The only thing I will say is that McCabe can't be blamed for the Wallabies shitty record against the AB's. That doesn't really tell us much about him as a player.

Status
Not open for further replies.