• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels vs Brumbies RD2 SR2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Nah, I live down here.......

And Yarra Trams: need more trams...... A lot of people missed kickoff.........

P

Paradox

Are you trying to say McCabe is of international standard at 12? I hope not. He is nowhere near an international standard 12..

Who played at 12 when we won the trinations title? You are talking a load of shite. We've had success against NZ (and Nonu) with McCabe at 12. I'm not saying he is possibly the best Wallaby option but he's a good player. The W's have problems in the backs. 10,12 is an issue. Quade has been in poor form and Barnes didn't shine at 12 when given the opportunity last year. Taps had a good game against the Poms followed up by a lousy game against Wales. Other than Genia at 9, I believe the whole backline is up for grabs.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Who played at 12 when we won the trinations title? You are talking a load of shite. We've had success against NZ (and Nonu) with McCabe at 12. I'm not saying he is possibly the best Wallaby option but he's a good player. The W's have problems in the backs. 10,12 is an issue. Quade has been in poor form and Barnes didn't shine at 12 when given the opportunity last year. Taps had a good game against the Poms followed up by a lousy game against Wales. Other than Genia at 9, I believe the whole backline is up for grabs.
Agreed.
I would add that no one from the rebels earmarked to play 10, 12 or 15 for the Wobbs added to their case for selection last night on what I saw (which, so far, was the last 60 mins).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
N
I think To'omua had a really good game, better then last week. Think Lilo is well suited to 12 and im backing him to capture the wallaby 12
Think LILO might be too small for 12 at that level.
Like both he and To'omua a big lot.

M

Moono75

I think this is rubbish. Beale was the rebels best player in the first half, and he was pretty clearly injured early in the second half - yet he stayed on the field and kept making tackles and running the attack. I'm not the guys biggest fan by any stretch but to describe his efforts last night as anything but brave is a diservice imho.
Beale can play some great rugby but on occassions he can appear lazy. He gave up the chase on Mowens try. I don't like that. What if Mowen had tripped short of the line? Chase the player until he touches the ball down over the line. He was close enough and should have a bit more gas than Mowen. I can appreciate a player staying on if they've got an injury, but if it's going to effect your game I'll take the bench player whoose 100% fit.

Pete King

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Like both he and To'omua a big lot.

If we play with width shouldnt see his size being a problem, would also depend on the 13 I suppose. The candidates being Fainga, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), Taps, Inman. Not that he has done enough yet but just on style of play Lilo, Inman centre pairing would appeals

P

Paradox

He's bigger than Giteau, Barnes, McCabe (surprisingly) and quite a few other blokes who play centre internationally (D'Arcy, O'Driscoll of the top of my head). Lilo is 95kgs. He can play at first receiver and has good size. Not a bad combo. OF you course you might prefer a big 105kg+ bopper at 12, a lot of people do :D

Lilo has come back from a shocking injury. Going ok so far

P

Paradox

If we play with width shouldnt see his size being a problem, would also depend on the 13 I suppose. The candidates being Fainga, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), Taps, Inman. Not that he has done enough yet but just on style of play Lilo, Inman centre pairing would appeals

I'm really hoping Folau plays at 13 for the Tahs and does ok (except against the Brumbies :))

M

Moono75

Mowen leads by example, just what you want in your team captain. Higher honours could be calling, nothing like winning to put you in the eye of the selectors.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Brumbies too good in the end but i wasn't as impressed this week. Reds would have done them and despite having the better of it they only really pulled away when a few key Rebels started to come off. Still many good performances so hopefully they can bring everything together with more game time. Andrew Smith as a smokie for Wobs 13. Nice to see Mowen making metres and bending the line, he'd be my Wobs 6 on current form.

Rebels really need JOC (James O'Connor) and Beale on the field. Still don't think they are in the positions i'd prefer and think they need to find a new 10, maybe develop Kingi. Liking Luke Jones more and more and Caderyn Neville is a mountain so hope to see more of him.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Rebels really need JOC (James O'Connor) and Beale on the field. Still don't think they are in the positions i'd prefer and think they need to find a new 10, maybe develop Kingi. Liking Luke Jones more and more and Caderyn Neville is a mountain so hope to see more of him.

Cadeyrn Neville has a big engine and I thought the Rebels ran out of puff against the Brumbies last night.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
And another thing - I've just watched the first half of the chief v highlanders.
Nanai-Williams showed Nonu up. He's 90kg and Lilo claims 92 which is the same as pat McCabe - which i would not have picked. Lilo offers a bit more skill than McCabe.
Not sure Lilo is quite as quick on his feet as nanai-williams.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
That's crazy, Jones has a massive workrate. Jones should play 6, Higginbotham 8. Drop Delve and Fugistaller to the bench and bring in Saffy.
Saffy coughed up a stupid penalty within minutes of getting on - he'd need to erase that from the memory banks of the selectors.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
That's crazy, Jones has a massive workrate. Jones should play 6, Higginbotham 8. Drop Delve and Fugistaller to the bench and bring in Saffy.

I think they start jones because he is better in the scrum than neville, but if they had a better front row this is the formation I'd go with.

Status
Not open for further replies.