• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels vs Brumbies RD2 SR2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
So that will be the tag-line when they both suit up for the Wallabies? ARU, start printing those posters!

;)

If only I had photoshop skills.

MV5BMTcxMDE4NTU4OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjg4NjQzMQ@@._V1_SY317_CR5,0,214,317_.jpg

Obviously James O'Connor would fill in for Jodie Foster.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
The Rebels centres look about the least threatening from an attacking viewpoint in the conference. What other options are there? Preferably involving JOC (James O'Connor) at 12 and Beale at 15.

FiveStarStu

Bill McLean (32)
The Rebels centres look about the least threatening from an attacking viewpoint in the conference. What other options are there? Preferably involving JOC (James O'Connor) at 12 and Beale at 15.

Beale won't play 15 for the Rebels. He's our 10. Can see JOC (James O'Connor) going to 12 once Woodward or Situati recover.

kronic

John Solomon (38)
One game in with a combination of Sidey and Inman, give it a chance. Defensively they're sound.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Not so sure. The set piece try by the Force, was not the rebel 12's finest hour. I think he still hasn't worked out who his man was.

JimboJoe1006

Chris McKivat (8)
Forecast of rain today and tomorrow in Melbourne. How do you think this will affect the teams' performance? I think it will play into the Brumbies style of play, but will also equalise the difference in ability between them.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Brumbies team:

1. Ben Alexander
2. Stephen Moore
3. Dan Palmer
4. Scott Fardy
5. Sam Carter
6. Peter Kimlin
7. David Pocock
8. Ben Mowen (c)
9. Nic White
10. Matt To'omua
11. Clyde Rathbone
12. Christian Lealiifano
13. Andrew Smith
14. Joe Tomane
15. Jesse Mogg

Replacements
16. Siliva Siliva
17. Scott Sio
18. Fotu Auelua
19. Colby Fainga'a
20. Ian Prior
21. Robbie Coleman
22. Tevita Kuridrani

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
So only change from last week is Speight out, Tomane starting and Kuridrani onto the bench? Or was Sio not the reserve prop last week?

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
2 changes in total - Sio is taking Murphy's place and Kuridrani onto the bench with Tomane elevated to start in place of Speight.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Is Tom Cox fit? There seemed to be a bit of noise around him but never looks like getting an opportunity

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
He is, but I don't think he's up to S15 level. It requires more then being able to run fast these days.

Dean Hyde

Allen Oxlade (6)
He played for the ACT XV against the Brumbies in the trial match. I can't remember him doing anything to special.

Brumbies Guy

John Solomon (38)
Is Tom Cox fit? There seemed to be a bit of noise around him but never looks like getting an opportunity

He just isn't up to Super Rugby at this stage, and probably won't get any game time out of his 3 year contract unless there's a large contingent of Brumbies backs rested for the Wallabies squad, which may happen. He's got rapid pace if he gets put through a hole or into space, but doesn't have the other rugby skills to compliment his speed like Mogg and Coleman do. He's put on a tonne of size the last 2 seasons though to his credit.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
He just isn't up to Super Rugby at this stage, and probably won't get any game time out of his 3 year contract unless there's a large contingent of Brumbies backs rested for the Wallabies squad, which may happen. He's got rapid pace if he gets put through a hole or into space, but doesn't have the other rugby skills to compliment his speed like Mogg and Coleman do. He's put on a tonne of size the last 2 seasons though to his credit.

I expect to see Tom line up against the Lions.

Status
Not open for further replies.