• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels vs Crusaders, Rnd 4, 14 March 2014 @ AAMI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rock Lobster

Larry Dwyer (12)
McGahan needs to take the shackles off these blokes & let em play. Under Hill, I thought the Rebels were one of the best teams in the comp to watch with ball in hand. Some of their attack structures were pretty to watch & there was a willingness to run & chance their arm. I still reckon he was bloody stiff to lose his job down there. Sure their defence wasn't flash & clearly McGahan has made that his focus, with a degree of success so far but their attack is in the toilet. The aimless kicking, even when chasing the game FFS, is totally incomprehensible. And what was with that tactic of turning the ball back inside one pass off the ruck every second time? After you get belted in there 2 or 3 times it's not a bad idea to re-assess the tactic & maybe abandon it all together. A "game plan" a term I despise, is all well & good but they need to be flexible, however it appears McGahan doesn't have the willingness to adapt on the run or allow his players to do so. There is plenty of talent there, it just seems they're not being allowed to show it at this stage.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Understand your concerns and agree 10th is bare minimum as a benchmark this year however I still think it's too early to be crying into our pints. Give it until about 10pm tomorrow at least ;)
are we all crying yet

think every chance we will be last again

(i think i said this way above also)

Status
Not open for further replies.