• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels vs Crusaders, Rnd 4, 14 March 2014 @ AAMI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Epi

Dave Cowper (27)
Woodward is not the answer to any question.

We have to cull the second rate starting with this bloke. Seriously, under any sort of pressure last year he turned to water. Do people forget so easily the penalty kicks that regularly went dead when on attack and other malfunctions?

We have to move on and I think we cut some egos but didn't really plan this year through at all.

I can't see this year being any less than a disaster that the club might not survive.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
Agree. Under pressure Woodward is rubbish. So many kick offs on the full last year and penalties too. He needs to go for the safe option and not
The most impressive. I think it is poor game management under pressure. Hit the iron off the tee not the driver.
I think the disaster call is an exaggeration. We lost by a try. It was a snore fest tho.

Proud Pig

Ted Thorn (20)
I thought we were being coached by Deans every time we got into semi-reasonable field position it was quick kick it away.
Also if Crockett bores in any further he will be facing backward it was so blatant at times.
Angry and frustrated at what was a very poor quality game made worse by bad tactics and an overly officious ref whose understanding of the scrum runs to something happened penalty to the side with a better reputation.

M

Moono75

sir arthur you are kidding yourself.
the numbers tonight came because it was the Crusaders and the Rebels supporters because they hoped that last week was an aberration and the rebels team would play like the cheetahs game. unfortunately wrong. next week against the tahs i reckon we will get flogged.
i will keep going because i want to support the team but many of those sitting around me, all season ticket holders/members, were not so sure they will keep coming on a regular basis. the rugby tonight was dire, from both teams and the ref. we were lucky the 'saders are so off their game.
i saw the same errors in option taking and execution tonight i have been seeing for the past three years. i seriously think last weeks defeat has really stuffed their confidence and they looked like a team trying to execute a game plan they don't believe in and as a result reacted too slowly instead of instinctually. i wonder what spin the coach will put on this effort

Keep turning up and back your team. We've done it harder for longer but I still love gong to the games.....of course the weather is better over here ;)

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Also if Crockett bores in any further he will be facing backward it was so blatant at times.

I'm no Rebels fan but i have to agree with this.
Are the coaches no longer allowed a meeting with the refs pre-game or was that only ever test matches?
If i was coaching the next team to play Crockett I'd take my laptop to the ref and show him every scrum from tonight's game, including the ones after Weekes went off, and ask WTF is he going to do about his illegal scrummaging.
It was farcical.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
There has been a myth circulating about Tom Kingston's ATAR. As I recall it his ranking was 99+, i.e., he was in the top one percent of candidates. Because of his participation in schools representative rugby, including Australian Schools, he made an application under the University of Sydney's Elite Athletes and Performers Scheme which is for applicants who are able to demonstrate they are elite athletes or performers, and have had training, competitive and/or practice commitments which have significantly affected their results. (Many other universities now have similar schemes)

Understandably Tom's application was successful. As a result different faculties at the University had the discretion to allow him up to a 5 point bonus on his ATAR, giving rise to the assertion, not by him, that his score was 104.

The real merit in his performance was that notwithstanding the huge demands on his time and disruption involved with representative rugby, he was able to place in the top one percent of candidates, an extraordinary achievement.
I'm sure it's true. ;)

But there seems to be a humour bypass when it comes to the extremely laxative standards at Sinny Youni.....

You say Tom's application was successful. Was he admitted or omitted?

teach

Trevor Allan (34)
I'm no Rebels fan but i have to agree with this.
Are the coaches no longer allowed a meeting with the refs pre-game or was that only ever test matches?
If i was coaching the next team to play Crockett I'd take my laptop to the ref and show him every scrum from tonight's game, including the ones after Weekes went off, and ask WTF is he going to do about his illegal scrummaging.
It was farcical.

Its hard on Crockett when his opposition are pushing completely the wrong angles. Any good loosehead is aiming to drive under his opponents chest. Any good tighthead should be pushing out and to his right, to stop the opposition loosehead turning him in and negating his push.

Rebels props were making an average one look good (or a poor one look average depending on your view).

With the change in scrum laws and the requirement to get close and bind, the old rule about shoulders below hips seems to be negated now, as it will not lead to a scrum collapse, but more likely to the prop being made the opposition's bitch. At least that is what I have picked up from the scrum training sessions being run by our local union (with Super 15 refs in attendance to explain how they will be ruling).

My boy is still only in his High school 1st XV and he picked the problem.

It is not just Crocket. I would guess when the Rebels props face other Saffer or Blackness props the same thing will happen.

p.s. not saying Crockett is an Angel at every scrum either.

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
I thought both the Crusaders and Rebels were average. They weren't helped by James Leckie. Someone needs to tell him we don't go to see him blow his whistle. Twenty penalties is amazing.

Not sure how bad Woodward's injury is. Even if he is fit, some people are calling for him to be replaced. Who do we pick to replace? Roberts or Rokobaro or someone else? I wouldn't mind giving Rokobaro a chance. Don't think Roberts should be first choice fullback.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Male Sau's preferred position is 13, yes?

Hand him the jersey and move Tamati the 15 that I've seen hum play a number of times.

Sent from my LG-P713 using Tapatalk

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
I'm sure it's true. ;)

But there seems to be a humour bypass when it comes to the extremely laxative standards at Sinny Youni...

You say Tom's application was successful. Was he admitted or omitted?
My non-humorous post, kiap, was written as a response to your statement: "Didn't Tom Kingston get 104 out of 100 for his tertiary entrance score?" I thought it useful to clarify the situation as I feel that such a claim is embarrassing to Tom, because people may assume that it is he who is making a quite ridiculous boast.

You have probably not detected it but quite a few of my posts, even about Sydney Uni, are meant to be humorous. Sometimes, despite our best endeavours, our attempts at wit are either totally misunderstood or turn out to be very laboured.

Scythe

Larry Dwyer (12)
Whoever criticised me earlier in this thread should apologise everything we saw in the game showed what I was talking about

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.