• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels vs Crusaders, Rnd 4, 14 March 2014 @ AAMI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
While they are legitimate penalties against Laurie, is there any advantage to a tightness tunneling in? There definitely wasn't under the old rules...

Sent from my LG-P713 using Tapatalk

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Back yourself Mitch, and run over the top of Dagg! Why kick when you're in open space by the sideline, and 105kgs

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
While they are legitimate penalties against Laurie, is there any advantage to a tightness tunneling in? There definitely wasn't under the old rules.

Sent from my LG-P713 using Tapatalk

You reckon their legit?
Crockett cannot bend his knees enough to avoid getting his shoulders below his hips.
as ever leckie is reffing the scrums based on reputation

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Meant to ask, I caught a bit of Rugby HQ, did anyone hear Tom English say the Rebels were to laxative in Perth?? No wonder all their supporters had the shits with them!!
Whoops sorry,I just went back and looked and seen it has been noticed!

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Jones hit by 2 fresh players? No Phil Kearns, one of those players was No.7 Matt Todd & he's been out there the whole game.

Well that's FT. Scrappy & quite frustrating win but I'll take that. Thought I heard Dagg's injury isnt anything too serious so that's a relief. Improvement by the Rebels from last weeks performance.

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
Rebels were very poor in attack. Woodward very bad again. Aimless inaccurate kicking. Mitchell sufficed. The kiwi guy or Kingston should start next game.
Too many penalties from our forwards and some bad strumming. Poor service from hhiggers to burg.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Leckie lottery at scrumtime alright. The arm goes up authoritatively but go on ask him what it was for and he'd probably panic and yell "their turn, play on".

Melbourne have some athletic outside backs who just can't seem to make the difference. Almost like converted track and field blokes?

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Leckie lottery at scrumtime alright. The arm goes up authoritatively but go on ask him what it was for and he'd probably panic and yell "their turn, play on".

Melbourne have some athletic outside backs who just can't seem to make the difference. Almost like converted track and field blokes?
it would help if they were given the ball in some space and on the front foot, instead of kicking it away

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
Yes. That kiwi back and English are great. But how often did they see the ball.
Inman was not his best in attack. But no one was. I am concerned about our lack of fullback depth. Can Kingston play there or is he pure wing?

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Next game is brumbies. Will be about the same crowd as tonight.
sir arthur you are kidding yourself.
the numbers tonight came because it was the Crusaders and the Rebels supporters because they hoped that last week was an aberration and the rebels team would play like the cheetahs game. unfortunately wrong. next week against the tahs i reckon we will get flogged.
i will keep going because i want to support the team but many of those sitting around me, all season ticket holders/members, were not so sure they will keep coming on a regular basis. the rugby tonight was dire, from both teams and the ref. we were lucky the 'saders are so off their game.
i saw the same errors in option taking and execution tonight i have been seeing for the past three years. i seriously think last weeks defeat has really stuffed their confidence and they looked like a team trying to execute a game plan they don't believe in and as a result reacted too slowly instead of instinctually. i wonder what spin the coach will put on this effort

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
I agree with all but I think we will get 12-13k next game
It was a very frustrating game and aside from some
Of the defence I did not
Take anything positive out of it. I agree. Huge improve ya in attack and at the contests needed or Tahs will tear us apart.
Hhiggers very quiet tho some good rucking. Jones and Pyle not overly effective with carries and so many tackles that let the shaders get an extra 2 yards they shouldn't have.

Status
Not open for further replies.