• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels vs Force, RD1 SR2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
a 10 is only as good as the hole runners outside and inside of him

there wasn't much movement or options for Beale to hit, the crash ballers were just being lined up and if he would have pushed more passes he would have criticised for chucking hospital passes

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
It was a perfectly good ruling, something that people have been crying for for months/years.

It was a cynical example of foul play with the intent of slowing down the Rebel play of the ball to prevent the quick play of the ball which might amount to a try. Classic give away a penalty to save a try stuff.

Not to mention it was about the 4th penalty offence within about 2 minutes. Further, it was committed when the Rebels were already getting a penalty.

The relevant laws are:

That is a yellow card offence. Arguably lucky to avoid a penalty try. More like rulings are absolutely necessary if we want to encourage play by the rules rather than play by what you can get away with.

Alby should count himself lucky if he is able to play next week after his stomping of KB (Kurtley Beale). No matter what the commentators said, that is illegal.
This is the biggest load of crap I have read in a while.

Arguably a penalty try? The ball wasn't even in play. It's just a bit I niggle. If it goes on then a penalty should come I. It And then a card. Not a card strait away.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
I have to agree with the sentiment re: Beale and Beiber. Beale is head and shoulders the best 10 in the team, yet the commentators are hell bent on swapping the 2 players.

Although neither player played their best game on Friday, they are both currently playing in the right position for their skill set. Beale organises the backline, and Beiber has room to seize opportunities on the outside. You can't expect perfection in round 1.

I think Damien Hill is a bit smarter than Canno, Clarke and co. I wouldn't expect Beale and Beiber to shift positions anytime soon.

Interesting. Remember when JOC (James O'Connor) played 10 for the wallabies a couple years ago on the NH tour. He was really good. I rate JOC (James O'Connor) highly at 10 myself. Having this debate is a great thing for the rebels. I could only dream of having 2 brilliant play makers in the force.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Just got a chance to watch the game on tv. One thing that was noticable was how bad the ref was a scrum time. We will have to rename henderson Tripod. I only counted 1 scrum were he didnt drop his bind keep himself from going down and bore in. Including the scrum which lead to kingis try. Faulkner has him on a plate yet nothing from the ref. Really disapointing.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2
Great 2 see someone notice. Faulkner was bloody impressive. The ref must of been a winger or something. Has No idea what to do at scrum time. We should of had penalties galore for Godwin to miss. Lol.

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
The yellow cards were fine.

Anyway.. Decent start to the season the backline looks better than it has in years. Godwin looked impressive at 12 and always got the ball free in contact. Hopefully they get a BP win next week.

M

Moono75

Faulkner was good and deserves to stay in the starting rotation. This gives the Force some quality front row options what with Whittaker, Manu and Maafu all in the squad. Some good young talent which bodes well for the future. We will know more after the game against the Kings which will be a huge test purely from the hostile crowd aspect. It appears the Force have a tight knit squad and the trip to South Africa can only help to reinforce the team culture.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I think Beale and JOC (James O'Connor) are playing in the right positions currently.

Beale certainly didn't have a good game but there is no need to swap them.

JOC (James O'Connor)'s best football is when he runs the ball himself. If you put him at 10 where more often than not he should be passing or kicking then you are lessening his biggest upside.

farva

Vay Wilson (31)
The yellow cards were fine.

Anyway.. Decent start to the season the backline looks better than it has in years. Godwin looked impressive at 12 and always got the ball free in contact. Hopefully they get a BP win next week.

The second yellow card was an appalling decision (the one to Matheson). The first was warranted and cost us the game (Alcock) - we were pushing the Rebel line when he gave away that penalty. Instead of coming away with 3, 5 or 7 points, the penalty was given away, we lost a man, and the Rebels were suddenly on our try line with a try the result. 10 point turn around there.

James Buchanan

Trevor Allan (34)
The second yellow card was an appalling decision (the one to Matheson). The first was warranted and cost us the game (Alcock) - we were pushing the Rebel line when he gave away that penalty. Instead of coming away with 3, 5 or 7 points, the penalty was given away, we lost a man, and the Rebels were suddenly on our try line with a try the result. 10 point turn around there.

So many tears. He intentionally cheated. You're not allowed to interfere with a player trying to restart play or throw the ball away. Both of which the Force did. It was in the red zone and it caused the Rebels not to have the option of choosing a quick tap. That isn't an appalling decision. Its cracking down on cheating.

M

Moono75

This is a dead end debate. I can assure you the result willl not change. Bigger fish to fry and we will exact revenge on the Rebels at home. Just make sure your in the stands at NIB Stadium.

Status
Not open for further replies.