• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels vs Force, Round 10, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoolly Doolly

Fred Wood (13)
Probably the same article.

Missed out
Robinson, Alexander (sick and tired of scrum finishing on the ground), Kepu (walks during play even more than Scott Higginbotham – a world record!), Horwill (can’t get us where we want to go anymore), the other three QLD backrowers all good players but a bit small, Quade Cooper (too difficult to play outside of him), Higginbotham (definitely talented but see comment re Kepu above).

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Unless you can provide a link I got no idea of context. The snipped you provided looks like Bob just having a general grump about some wallaby players and how some should pull their finger out.

The latest bob Dwyer article I found does pay out on higgers, amongst other rebels, and rightly so after the match earlier this year. I think his views would be different after watching the last few weeks including our recent win over the force.

http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/dwyers-view-more-positives-from-the-aussie-conference/

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/dwyers-view-my-wallabies-squad/

@Hooly Doolly - I think you should take what Bob says in that article with a grain of salt...

For one, he would drop our 3 most experienced props and include the inexperienced Toby Smith and Paul Alo Emile.

He would also drop Horwill and include Jones and Coleman, sensationally omit Quade Cooper, and play Jason Woodward at 13 even though he has exclusively played at 15 (might have played a game or two for the Rebels at 13 but don't recall) even though he is not eligible this year.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
On the match, thought we were noticeably flat and just struggled to bring the intensity from the preceding 5 matches into the game.

The Force lacked composure in attack with Alby out, and Ebersohn made some unforced errors as a result of the pressure applied by the Rebels defence, compounding it further.

The Rebels also won the battle of the setpiece; their scrum was far more effective, and they applied a lot of pressure on the Force lineout. Wasn't particularly impressed by their tactical kicking, though. Stirzacker and Hegarty have really weak boots - they would probably benefit more from just running the ball instead of kicking it away. They also didn't learn from their last Force game, and the ball found grass too often.

Kudos to the Rebels though, they defended stoically, and competed hard at the breakdown. They held the ball for long periods and wore out the Force, and applied the pressure via the boot of Woodward.

Hopefully the Force players can use the 8 day turnaround to refresh, and mend the bodies for the Bulls game

Status
Not open for further replies.