• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels vs Highlanders - AAMI Park - 2011R09

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Jesus Cipriani, was that a tackle or were you just feeling Thomson up?

darkhorse

Darby Loudon (17)
Ugly... I couldn't take it after halftime. Lineout was shit, defence was worse and the backs looked disorganised in attack. Can't quite pick why but I knew it wasn't going to be their night by the 15min mark.

I think the loss of Morty really hurt them. Gerrard is definitely better at the back as well. I think the new centre combination was responsible for alot of the defensive problems. Hopefully with a bit of time it'll improve. It better, or they ought to hope Morty gets back quickly.

M

Moono75

Jeez I like the way the Highlanders guts it out. Adam Thompson is an inspiration. Need to check out the Highlanders winger (14), that was a great try. Their hooker Rutledge was gutsy....I saw he had a head clash with a Rebels player who was split open and he kept on playing. He also had a massive collision with Rodzilla and kept on ticking.....love the commitment.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
I don't think Gerrard completed a tackle all night. Shocking midfield defense. Just did his chance of sneaking into the RWC squad a lot of harm.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
This Higlanders team is screaming fucking proof that we need a comp equivalent to the ITM Cup. They have bought the form they were showing all through the domestic comp, built around the core group of players, who play together all year. What an advantage.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Heh Gerrard was never going to make the WC squad. Love this Highlanders side, tough bunch of forwards and very serviceable backs.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
This Higlanders team is screaming fucking proof that we need a comp equivalent to the ITM Cup. They have bought the form they were showing all through the domestic comp, built around the core group of players, who play together all year. What an advantage.

Same with the SBW-Freuen combination; the partnership was forged in the ITM Cup for Cantebury.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)

Maybe....I think the biggest difference in the Highlanders this year though is the coach - Jamie Joseph. He coached the unbeaten Maori team last year which included wins over England and Ireland (I think).

He seems to have a knack for taking the 'left-overs' and giving them real pride and passion in their play.If you look at the Highlanders backline - NO-ONE thought they would be anywhere as good as what they have been.

I'm a big Pat Lam fan but Jamie Joseph could be building a case to be a great AB coach in the future.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Jeez I like the way the Highlanders guts it out. Adam Thompson is an inspiration. Need to check out the Highlanders winger (14), that was a great try. Their hooker Rutledge was gutsy....I saw he had a head clash with a Rebels player who was split open and he kept on playing. He also had a massive collision with Rodzilla and kept on ticking.....love the commitment.

The no14 is Kade Poki. Played for the Saders the last couple of years but was injured for most of last year. Plays for Tasman in the ITM cup @ centre, but he is clearly an out and out winger. No room for him in the Saders this year

James Buchanan

Trevor Allan (34)
I think the only positive thing to come out of this game for the Rebels is the no-nonsense noise that is being given to the press about how disappointing they believe they were. That is only a good thing if it prompts some response from the players. That being said, given the team's history this season I wouldn't be surprised to see them start to pick themselves up again. However, the rest of the season is not as forgiving as what has come before now, so it could be a very tough second half.

Status
Not open for further replies.