• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Red Beard

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Just want to give my Waikato broer a heartly welcom in the Aussie house. Was hoping he'll join long time ago and looking forward to his contributions. Welkom ou Grote, we miss you!

R

Red Beard

Thanks mate and may I add its a pleasure to be here!

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Nice :thumb Enjoy yourself, must say the Convicts aint that bad, actually nice people. :fishing

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Welcome RB, good to have you here. At least now we get someone who really knows about front row play, not just Nick!! ;D (Easy, big fella Renegade, just playin'!).

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
RB, we had a thread a while back about putting together an Australian forum XV to play TSF XV in 2011. We talked ourselves up a bit, I think, and having Nick and the next fattest bloke up against you and Bart was certainly a tactical dilemma. But us Aussies have never let a shithouse scrum get in our way.

I can't promise anything, as we haven't figured out who will make it over there in 2011, but do you reckon some TSF blokes would be on for a game of something? Touch? Sevens? Golden oldies?

R

Red Beard

Scarfman said:
RB, we had a thread a while back about putting together an Australian forum XV to play TSF XV in 2011. We talked ourselves up a bit, I think, and having Nick and the next fattest bloke up against you and Bart was certainly a tactical dilemma. But us Aussies have never let a shithouse scrum get in our way.

I can't promise anything, as we haven't figured out who will make it over there in 2011, but do you reckon some TSF blokes would be on for a game of something? Touch? Sevens? Golden oldies?
Absolutely mate, it would be great fun. Im sure I can find another 14 from the Fern who will still talk to me! We could play it at my local clubgrounds (Te Aroha; halfway between Hamilton and Rotorua, perfect region for RWC pool games) and all the boys could get billeted out in our area. Lets put our heads together on this one.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I remember Te Aroha, after a conference over in Hamilton about 9 years ago. Highlight for me around the area? The Waitomo caves and going blackwater rafting through them to check out the glow-worms. Very cool (and bloody cold by the way!!). I'm in Scarfy, although I will be 44....uncontested tackles anyone? ;D

R

Red Beard

cyclopath said:
I remember Te Aroha, after a conference over in Hamilton about 9 years ago. Highlight for me around the area? The Waitomo caves and going blackwater rafting through them to check out the glow-worms. Very cool (and bloody cold by the way!!). I'm in Scarfy, although I will be 44....uncontested tackles anyone? ;D
Youre not confusing Te Aroha with Te Awamutu or Te Kuiti are you? We are located 40 mins east of Hamilton, the little town under the mountain with the thermal mineral pools built at the foot of the Kaimai Ranges.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
No, I was just expressing myself poorly. I was talking about the area around Hamilton in general and how much I enjoyed it. Went to both Te Awamutu and Te Aroha, but the Waitomo caves was a highlight.
And Nicko, more respect for your elders! ;) You're balder than me anyway...just!

R

Red Beard

cyclopath said:
No, I was just expressing myself poorly. I was talking about the area around Hamilton in general and how much I enjoyed it. Went to both Te Awamutu and Te Aroha, but the Waitomo caves was a highlight.
And Nicko, more respect for your elders! ;) You're balder than me anyway...just!
Aplogies mate, its just that Ive heard many interesting pronounciation variations of our placenames from touring Aussies over the years. Mind you none of them were any worse than my feeble attempts at Indooroopilly when I lived in Brissie.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Or Goondiwindi I bet :)

Mungie Bundie? Goonoo Goonoo? Warialda? Bingara? Narrabri? That's just in one part of NSW! :)

R

Red Beard

NTA said:
Or Goondiwindi I bet :)

Mungie Bundie? Goonoo Goonoo? Warialda? Bingara? Narrabri? That's just in one part of NSW! :)

I will see you a Goondiwindi and raise you a Whakatane. Remember any 'Wh' makes an F sound.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
You have to get Barcaldine, Waikarie and Canowindra correct before you can call yourself an Aussie. And you also have to know what's the sporting capital of the western world. :salute :salute :salute

R

Red Beard

Ive got one word for you;

Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

(worlds longest place name apparently).

R

Red Beard

Lindommer said:
You have to get Barcaldine, Waikarie and Canowindra correct before you can call yourself an Aussie. And you also have to know what's the sporting capital of the western world. :salute :salute :salute

The last ones easy, its Waikato Stadium of course.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Well if I find me a sponsor for 2011 I'd love to have RB in my team, then we can play real scrums. :lmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.