• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Red Beard

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Red Beard

The way my body is falling to bits thesedays Im likely to be in a zimmer frame by then.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Red Beard said:
Lindommer said:
You have to get Barcaldine, Waikarie and Canowindra correct before you can call yourself an Aussie. And you also have to know what's the sporting capital of the western world. :salute :salute :salute
The last one's easy, its Waikato Stadium of course.

Yer nearly right, RB, there's a W there somewhere.

Thomond78

Colin Windon (37)
Lindommer said:
Red Beard said:
Lindommer said:
You have to get Barcaldine, Waikarie and Canowindra correct before you can call yourself an Aussie. And you also have to know what's the sporting capital of the western world. :salute :salute :salute

I think we've just found another prop, folks... ::)

R

Red Beard

Thomond78 said:
Lindommer said:
Red Beard said:
Lindommer said:

I think we've just found another prop, folks... ::)
Guilty as charged.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Red Beard said:
Scarfman said:
RB, we had a thread a while back about putting together an Australian forum XV to play TSF XV in 2011. We talked ourselves up a bit, I think, and having Nick and the next fattest bloke up against you and Bart was certainly a tactical dilemma. But us Aussies have never let a shithouse scrum get in our way.

I can't promise anything, as we haven't figured out who will make it over there in 2011, but do you reckon some TSF blokes would be on for a game of something? Touch? Sevens? Golden oldies?
Absolutely mate, it would be great fun. Im sure I can find another 14 from the Fern who will still talk to me! We could play it at my local clubgrounds (Te Aroha; halfway between Hamilton and Rotorua, perfect region for RWC pool games) and all the boys could get billeted out in our area. Lets put our heads together on this one.

Excellent news that your boys might be up for it. Our average age might be around 40, and a few of us were farily shithouse to begin with, so don't bother the 1st graders with this one.

The offer of a billet is very kind, unless it involves drinking Waikato Draught. [Ducks cans thrown at head]

The Wallaby schedule is:

Sun 11 Sep v Italy in Christchurch
Sat 17 Sep v Ireland in Auckland
Fri 23 Sep v America2 in Wellington
Sat 1 Oct v Europe2 in Christchurch

Looking at that, the week in-between Auckland and Wellington would be logical for a tour of the Waikato region. I'll start to work on this.

R

Red Beard

Scarfman said:
Red Beard said:
Scarfman said:
RB, we had a thread a while back about putting together an Australian forum XV to play TSF XV in 2011. We talked ourselves up a bit, I think, and having Nick and the next fattest bloke up against you and Bart was certainly a tactical dilemma. But us Aussies have never let a shithouse scrum get in our way.

I can't promise anything, as we haven't figured out who will make it over there in 2011, but do you reckon some TSF blokes would be on for a game of something? Touch? Sevens? Golden oldies?
Absolutely mate, it would be great fun. Im sure I can find another 14 from the Fern who will still talk to me! We could play it at my local clubgrounds (Te Aroha; halfway between Hamilton and Rotorua, perfect region for RWC pool games) and all the boys could get billeted out in our area. Lets put our heads together on this one.

Excellent news that your boys might be up for it. Our average age might be around 40, and a few of us were farily shithouse to begin with, so don't bother the 1st graders with this one.

The offer of a billet is very kind, unless it involves drinking Waikato Draught. [Ducks cans thrown at head]

The Wallaby schedule is:

Sun 11 Sep v Italy in Christchurch
Sat 17 Sep v Ireland in Auckland
Fri 23 Sep v America2 in Wellington
Sat 1 Oct v Europe2 in Christchurch

Looking at that, the week in-between Auckland and Wellington would be logical for a tour of the Waikato region. I'll start to work on this.
Dont hesitate to ask me for any help. Dont worry about the calibre of the opposition, they wont be up to much. The Waikato Draught issue could be a potential sticking point though, we need to go to mediation.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
I didn't get to try Waikato last time so this time will be good.

And Scarfy, I reckon we should look not only at the Wallaby schedule but the minnow games playing in and around the Waikato during that time. The minnow games at the Rugby World Cups are the best. Every shows up for a good time, not to sweat on a result.

Status
Not open for further replies.