• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
McDuling should be back for next year. Not sure who else.
AWH will be good for a couple more. Like props, locks get better with age.

slydare

Frank Nicholson (4)
Vandal has been training. Not sure what load though. I should follow that up.

I stopped into Ballymore on Monday last week - he wasn't training with the main group or the rehab group. He was just running the far sidelines, straight line work only. What was the injury anyway?

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
Nerve damage in his arm/elbow I think. He was looking bloody good before that injury to, would be great for the Reds if he can be right in 5 weeks time.

Troy

Jim Clark (26)
Just saw this on twitter:

Reds coach Ewen McKenzie is apparently at South Sydney Rabbitohs training. Odd. Interesting. Something?

Any ideas?

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)

Reds coach Ewen McKenzie is apparently at South Sydney Rabbitohs training. Odd. Interesting. Something?

Any ideas?

Lots of sporting teams bring in coaches from other codes for motivational reasons...

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Didn't know Link was getting back into playing again. Perhaps league's training's a bit softer than what Marsh and @fighterstrength might whip up for him?

W

What2040

Great to see Lucas join the Wallaby camp - said he has passed a fitness test. NOW just hope he gets one of those elusive OZ jerseys.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)

Any ideas?
Well it only makes sense that the best coach from the best Rugby team would want to be associated with the best League team

Maybe he is hanging out with friends
images

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
Lots of sporting teams bring in coaches from other codes for motivational reasons...
The Rabbitohs also have an ex Melbourne coach who is very highly regarded. I think there is probably a lot of discussion about what worked in Melbourne and in winn ing the Super League in England.

I would like to be the first to start a rumor that he is looking at Dave Taylor as a future second rower, he was contracted to the Titans but they are pretty much broke and he want to return to Brisbane so it would be a fit. Not a bad move to replace Van and Samo.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
The Rabbitohs also have an ex Melbourne coach who is very highly regarded. I think there is probably a lot of discussion about what worked in Melbourne and in winn ing the Super League in England.

I would like to be the first to start a rumor that he is looking at Dave Taylor as a future second rower, he was contracted to the Titans but they are pretty much broke and he want to return to Brisbane so it would be a fit. Not a bad move to replace Van and Samo.

I am sure there were rumours previously that he was considering playing at the Reds. Would be an interesting prospect with a lot of hard work. At 188 cm and 122kgs though, he'd only be a prop option. And for that he's probably 4 years too late.

W

What2040

I love rumours - The "Coal Train" wouldn't come cheap - If the Reds had big money to spend why would they let Higgers go???

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Coaltrain has already signed with the Titans for 2013.

Think it's just a coaching exchange type thing. If Link was looking to poach a Rabbitoh he would hardly be allowed to turn up and put him through his paces at training!

T

TOCC

please.. Dave Taylor would be demanding around $300'000 from a NRL club

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
please.. Dave Taylor would be demanding around $300'000 from a NRL club

and he would not be a forward. He plays wide in loig. Like an inside/outside centre. Has the skills and a lot of pace over short distances. Played most of his junior footy at 5/8.

T

TOCC

and he would not be a forward. He plays wide in loig. Like an inside/outside centre. Has the skills and a lot of pace over short distances. Played most of his junior footy at 5/8.

The fat bastards like Dave Taylor and Rose(manly) might be able to make
It in league cause of the interchange.... But they need more fitness to make it in union, there isn't a bench to catch your breath

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Dave Taylor, via his manager Col Davis, approached the Reds about 4 or 5 years ago when Phil Mooney was coach about making the switch. He wasn't getting picked regularly for the Bronco's and thought there was an opportunity to keep living in Brisbane and playing football. Apparently Mooney questioned his ability to make the switch from league player to rugby prop. Normally I would agree but Taylor is a beast of a guy and I think he has the determination and work ethic to be worth the risk. After the Reds said they weren't interested he signed with Souths and has done pretty well for himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.