• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

diomac

Frank Nicholson (4)
I will be pretty annoyed if Beau is squeezed out of the 23, he was tireless for us last year and never stopped. Well and truly earned his spot.

I would play Thomson, Gill, and Browning with Beau on the bench. Shatz did sfa for us last year.

Re the Reds membership numbers for 2014 they were artificially inflated, the QRU brought all junior club members some form of membership late in the season that's why they put on like 12000 members in 3 weeks. All the Rookies to Reds kids got memberships as well. My daughters attended 2 training days at Ballymore and got separate memberships for each day.

So not a real reflection in my book on the membership front.

T

Train Without a Station

That's basically how all Super Rugby, NRL and AFL clubs operate. Not a real reflection in some ways, but in the context of the market, it is.

T

Train Without a Station

Rugby Union fans seem to have a need to feel smart, find loop holes and catch the organisations out though.

AFL and NRL fans seem more willing to accept that on the same criteria their team is performing well, or badly or whatever they are.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Just found out this is on live on EuroSport at about 4am. Might be up then anyway but will be recording it in either case. Keen to see whether JOC (James O'Connor) will be our saviour or just a naughty boy! ;-)

i haven't seen the game or the result.
The Brand inspire, lead and direct his team to glory?
was he a one-man stand against vastly superior numbers?
or, perhaps, a winger right out of position?

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
So many of the potential Reds back line have proven lethal in one on one situations. Kerevi, Cooper, JOC (James O'Connor), and I suspect Hunt will be the same. I am really excited about this coming season. Defense also needs emphasis and to provide a leader in defensive structure and some balance I like the idea of Ant Fainga'a taking first crack at 12.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
The season is looking positive. I am excited.
Hopefully we come out firing from the getgo and have very few injuries this season, particularly CFS.
Am also hopeful of a return to top form from Taps and Ant. They have been off their best for a season or 2.

The forwards look good except for a quality THP. The worry is that Slipper will HAVE to play THP and Daley will slot into LHP. That just means our scrum will turn to shit as it has nearly every time Ben is in the team.

Really excited about Thomson. Think he will rejuvinate blokes like Horwill, Shatz and Gilly and just add to the culture. Bit like Braid a few years ago,.

Reds to win the brass ring

T

Train Without a Station

Scrubber you're unusually positive? Has somebody slipped a Xanax into your coffee or something?

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
TWAS
Am generally a positive person but even more so when I see things actially being done that confirms and assists my perception of positivity.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
He's trying to talk himself into it. He's got about 4 months to brainwash himself that everything's going to be good (as long as Daley isn't playing).

So are you saying Daley is great at scrummaging ? Really look forward to your objective assessment of players , the season and Dales .

Why would I be brainwashing myself into believing the Reds will do very well this year?

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I was thinking the other day how exciting next years backline could be.
In no particular order
Genia
Cooper
Hunt
O'connor
Kuridrani
Kerevi
CFS

It could be pretty awesome.

What are the thoughts on O'Connor at 13 in a Conrad Smith type role?

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
I was thinking the other day how exciting next years backline could be.
In no particular order
Genia
Cooper
Hunt
O'connor
Kuridrani
Kerevi
CFS

It could be pretty awesome.

What are the thoughts on O'Connor at 13 in a Conrad Smith type role?

Watch out Sully - Parse will accuse you of brainwashing yourself when you speak so positively.

PS - I also think those backs (without Ant and Taps) will be awesome

T

Train Without a Station

I can see us there now Scubber. " Scrubber I told you. Graham is a coaching genius. Genia is the utmost professional with a great attitude. JOC (James O'Connor) is the ultimate team man."

Parse

Bill Watson (15)
So are you saying Daley is great at scrummaging ? Really look forward to your objective assessment of players , the season and Dales .

Why would I be brainwashing myself into believing the Reds will do very well this year?

Think you took it a little the wrong way, the post was meant more as a joke.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Think you took it a little the wrong way, the post was meant more as a joke.

Parse
I think my sense of humour has been dented with the 2014 season we had and the fucking dramas happening on the national scene.

I think I need to regroup, part of that is being extremely positive about the upcoming season - as I do each and every year. - what else can a dedicated supporter do ?:)

Status
Not open for further replies.